walking cast experiences?

rob333August 31, 2011

Ok, I think I thought this thing was going to be like it was when I sprained my wrist. They put a brace on it, and I was back to normal. Painfree, but less than stylish. This is painful and less than stylish. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have experience with this aircast thing? Should it be painfree while sitting still? It isn't so far. After many many adjustments.

:(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

Before a hard cast was put on my leg to help the stress fracture heal faster, I wore a knee-high, cumbersome, and VERY ugly black boot. I remember my leg ached, a lot, even with the boot. However, once the hard cast was on, the pain lessened greatly, then stopped; I was also able to walk with greater ease and mobility--plus, I had my own weapon if I needed to kick someone! :>)

Rob, I'm really sorry you're experiencing such discomfort. Stay off your feet as much as possible. (I know that's easier said than done.)

Bookmark   August 31, 2011 at 8:17PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

That's sort of what I was thinking. If I made it more like a hard cast would be, fairly tight, and there was less movement, it'd likely ache less. Thanks for telling me!

Bookmark   September 1, 2011 at 9:06AM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™