New Lawn Help
I have tried seeding a new lawn several times now, and each time run into the same issues. I use the Scotts Heat and Drought brand seeds.
1. When the lawn starts to grow, I also see something else growing with it. I am not sure if it is a weed or not. It is a tiny little plant with two leafs on it. Sort of look like a two blade airplane propeller. It does not grow as fast as the lawn and I can pluck it out of the ground easily. Should I be concern about it? Should I try to pluck all of them? See attach picture. It is mostly located in the center and the lower left corner of the picture.
2. Another vegetation that grows with the grass, is what appears to look like a strand of grass but is not. It is stiffer than grass and grows taller than grass. It's top turns into a a leaf that is a bit wider than a strand of grass. These appear mostly near the top of the photo I have attached
2. I had tried my best to kill all the weed before starting the new lawn, but weeds still tend to still leave. So it thrives when I start watering thew new lawn. How can I manage the weed now the the lawn is starting to grow?
4. Usually after a 4-6 weeks I notice the lawn starts turning brown. The grass itself would turn brown at the tip and work it's way down over the new few weeks and eventually encompass the whole grass. It does not matter if I start the lawn in early spring, summer, or early fall. it all ends up this way. I water the lawn twice a day (each time for about 5-10 min), once in the morning and once in the evening. Eventually the brown grass looks like it is burnt and looks grey. Am I watering too much / too less? What is causing it to turn brown?
5. There seems to be dead spots on my lawn. No matter much much grass seed I lay down in the area, or how much I water it, the area does not grow. Everything around it will grown but not this area. Same amount of sun is in the area as is with the rest of the lawn.