Quotes 9/25

lilosophieSeptember 25, 2013

If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want. ~Oscar Wilde

The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring. ~George Santayana

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

We've had a glorious start to the Fall season; clear, sunny days with high temps around 75 degrees, very cool nights around 45--light blanket weather for DH and me. This morning, the sunrise was beautiful; the eastern sky was streaked with varying shades of pink--from very light to deep maroon; a lovely gift to start the day.

I agree with the Santayana quote; spring is lovely, but each season has something special about it. That's why I'm glad I live in an area that has four clearly defined seasons. When I can't stand summer, any longer, I know that fall will soon arrive!

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 7:35AM
anneliese_32(6)

Ditto here, much more interesting when you have a change of seasons and always something to look forward to.

Love the solace in the Wilde quote .

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 8:20AM
west_gardener

I like these quotes. Yea, we tend to think about the bad stuff, rather than the good stuff.
We also have a glorious beginning of fall. The weather has been cool at night and temperate during the day. We even had some rain. The trees are starting to turn color and dropping their leaves.
We live in CA and we do have four seasons, they are less noticeable than in my native Norway and the cold states in the US. We go visit the snow when we need a winter fix.

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 6:18PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 19 - 15
It takes courage to grow up and become who you really...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 21 - 15
What is a television apparatus to man, who has only...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 13 - 15
The courage to be is the courage to accept oneself,...
don_socal
Happy St. Patrick's Day
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! II'm not wearing green and...
mawheel
When is Spring?
A count down to spring.http://days.to/spring/2015
west_gardener2
Sponsored Products
Darya Rugs Arts and Crafts, Gold, 2'7" x 9'4" Runner Rug M1770-393
Darya Rugs
Sable Leather Club Chair - BROWN
$2,000.00 | Horchow
3-Light Chandelier Bell Metal Bronze
$88.38 | PLFixtures
Shell Swivel Occasional Chair - White
Zuri Furniture
Safavieh Handmade Golden Jaipur Green/ Rust Wool Rug (7'6 x 9'6)
Overstock.com
Chic Home Seville Embroidered Comforter Set Purple Queen - 28CQ101-HE
$124.99 | Hayneedle
'I'm Not Irish' Box Sign
$7.49 | zulily
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: United Weavers Rugs Zoltan Multi 7 ft. 10
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™