Quote-9/19/2010

west_gardenerSeptember 19, 2010

"In the garden, Autumn is, indeed the crowning glory of the year, bringing us the fruition of months of thought

and care and toil. And at no season, safe perhaps in Daffodil time, do we get such superb colour effects as

from August to November."

- Rose G. Kingsley, The Autumn Garden

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anneliese_32(6)

What a nice picture of years past. This year? Baah humbug! We are in a extreme drought. It is a reminder that we should cherrish what we have most of the time and ignore because it is as always.

Bookmark   September 19, 2010 at 1:53PM
lilod(NoCal/8)

My garden suffered from drought for two seasons, and this season was going to be the one to catch up on all the neglect - ha! I had to go and break my hip, so this year's garden isn't doing all that well, Joann kept the watering going, but new plants, colorful annuals, pruning and all that maintenance stuff fell by the wayside.
Still: there are about half dozen sunflowers, lots of French marigolds, the buddleias and even the ungroomed roses are putting on a nice show,. Hope I can get in there next spring and get something done.

Bookmark   September 19, 2010 at 2:53PM
west_gardener

I can emphathise with both of you. I realized this year that I can not do what I used to do in the garden. I asked DH to build me some small raised beds with seats so I can continue gardening. The boxes are done and the garden plot is being prepared for a much smaller planting space.
In anticipation of next year, I think I'll plant some daffys this fall. Just to get spring started.

Bookmark   September 19, 2010 at 7:10PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 2 - 21 - 15
Life is a lot like jazz... it's best when you improvise. George...
don_socal
Where are you mwheel?
Miss your postings.
west_gardener2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™