1 month from today! - Eek!!!

tisha_(z7 OKC)September 15, 2010

The wedding is officially one month away! I can't believe it.

Now my biggest question is, what will I do with my free time after wedding planning is over? lol

We're not having kids for a few years, and we've lived together for over 10 years now, so it's not like I have to worry about taking time to set-up a home or something.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

I was the same way after moving, but I havn't found that free time yet! (that was a month ago). You'll be busy writing thank you notes, cleaning up... not that I've ever gotten married before (three times. I can get married. I can't stay married. Well, ok it was 11 years this time. I'm getting closer to doing it right).

Best wishes for a hapy home that I know you'll both enjoy. Happy wedding!

Bookmark   September 15, 2010 at 11:58AM
west_gardener

DH and I have been married almost 50 years. We work on our marriage and our partnership, but also on ourselves, so we can be two individuals that choose to stay together.
Find what you and your DH like to do together - then find what you like to do for yourself.
You certainly know how to put together a wedding, and you seem to like doing that. One idea, go with that and see if you can make a business out of that.

Bookmark   September 15, 2010 at 7:36PM
tisha_(z7 OKC)

west_garnder... after doing my invites, I actually contemplated maybe setting up and Etsy shop for invites or something. But the problem is, I'm kind of a control freak, and I'm afraid I'd have a very hard time fulfilling OTHER people's wishes, instead of my own. You know? lol So, I just don't know if it would work for me.

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 10:08AM
mwoods

My suggestion to you would be to not fill up the free time with anything for awhile. You need time to come back down to earth,regroup and ground yourself. The rest will fall into place and things will come to you once you are centered again.There are tons of groups out there who would probably love having your help and input on a volunteer basis. That's always on option,even if it's one day a week.

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 10:55AM
calliope(6)

Good suggestion, Marda.

Bookmark   September 16, 2010 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 16 - 15
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 23 - 15
Every major player is working on this technology of...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 21 - 15
What is a television apparatus to man, who has only...
don_socal
Quotes 4 - 1 - 15
The most important things are the hardest things to...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 28 - 15
To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Domi Bronze One-Light Mini Pendant with Vanilla Matte Glass
$193.50 | Bellacor
Denby Monsoon Lucille Silver Jug - Small - MLS-023
$18.99 | Hayneedle
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs Espana
Home Depot
Great Outdoors Slate Serving Board
| Dot & Bo
8-step Aluminum Ladder
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Westinghouse Lighting Shades 8 in. Handblown Clear Chimney with 2-5/8 in.
$5.97 | Home Depot
DreamLine Unidoor Plus 30-3/8" W x 30" D x 72" H Hinged Shower Enclosure, Half F
Modern Bathroom
Safavieh Courtyard CY6902-266 6'7" x 9'6" Black, Ivory Rug
$312.71 | PlushRugs
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™