Quote 9/23

lilosophieSeptember 23, 2013

"I think one reason we admire cats, those of us who do, is their proficience in one-upmanship. They always seem to come out on top, no matter what they are doing--or pretend to do. Rarely do you see a cat discomfited. They have no conscience, and they never regret. Maybe we secretly envy them."- Barbara Webster, from "Creatures and Contentments"

If the pull of the outside world is strong, there is also a pull towards the human. The cat may disappear on its own errands, but sooner or later, it returns once again for a little while, to greet us with its own type of love. Independent as they are, cats find more than pleasure in our company."- Lloyd Alexander

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
surya55_gw

How very true! Lilo it's nice that Anneliese lets readers know she'll not be around and that you'll cover. I wonder about Don? Does anyone know anything? Thx, Nerry

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 11:30AM
lilosophie

I have sent a message to Don and have not heard anything, it worries me a little, he has so many medical issues. Hope it is all to the best.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 12:20PM
mawheel

I have always been an animal lover, but focused more on dogs than cats. HOWEVER, since we acquired our son's cat four years ago, I have realized how wonderful they both are, but in different ways. I'm absolutely nutty about our Maggie! She permits me to do whatever she needs for her comfort, and once in a while, even sits on my lap! Thanks for these quotes, Lilo.

I, too, hope all is well with Don and MIssy. They are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:19PM
surya55_gw

Oh well I hope he's well.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 12:48AM
anneliese_32(6)

Talking about cats - found this:

I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.
Julius Verne.

Great quotations.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 8:21PM
More Discussions
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
Happy birthday Robin and Pam
My partner for b'day along with Pam. Three threes...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™