It's so shiny again!

tisha_(z7 OKC)September 22, 2010

We had to send my engagement ring off, to be cleaned and redipped, before the wedding. Well, it came in last night, so we went down to the FedEx office to pick it up.

Anyway, last night was the first time I got to see my wedding band next to my engagement ring. And they fit together! Yay! I was worried there'd be a big gap, because of the diamond setting.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mawheel

They look beautiful, Tisha. What are the purple stones? Amethysts?

I'm now wearing my rings on a chain around my neck, b/c they won't fit over my arthritic finger joints! When I inquired about having them enlarged, I was told they'd have to be cut, then have some sort of clasp to hook them together around my finger. I decided I'd rather just wear them around my neck.

BTW, DH and I have been married 59 years, today.

Bookmark   September 22, 2010 at 3:04PM
tisha_(z7 OKC)

Thank you. :-) They are amethysts, yes. That's both of our birthstones, and my personal favorite stone. Oh, also, it has 11 stones, which I didn't realize it until after we'd already ordered it... Keith and I will be together 11 years, the day we get married. :-D

Congratulations on your anniversary!!! 59 years, wow! Keith and I will be 94 and 92, respectively, when we're married for 59 years. But we will have been together for 70 years by then. :-D

Bookmark   September 22, 2010 at 3:39PM
west_gardener

Beautiful rings. Glad they fit together. As an aside, your hands and nails look so good, it will be a beautiful combination.

Bookmark   September 22, 2010 at 7:48PM
west_gardener

mwheel, congratulations on your anniversary. We have another 9 years to go to that milestone, and I'm looking forward to every year.

Bookmark   September 22, 2010 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
Photos from my recent cruise.
Coral World in St. Thomas. My first time there was...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Where are you mwheel?
Miss your postings.
west_gardener2
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 2 - 18 - 15
Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness,...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™