Volleyball, anyone?

agnespuffinSeptember 9, 2011

I'm not a sports fan, so my knowledge of games is sparse. Volleyball is waaayy down on the list.

However a couple of the grands play. And one of them gets her name in the paper for every game. She's GOOD!

So, dumb me can figure out what an Ace is, and I suspect an Assist is helping someone else get an Ace.... But what is a Dig? A Block? A Kill( I think I know that one)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333

I used to be a fantatic volleyball player. Not competitvely, just in gym class and on church outings. But I could "ace" it with an overhand serve not often seen. An ace means I would serve it, and it would zing right past them, inbounds, they were unable to return it. A dig is when you save the ball just when it's about to touch the ground. A kill is a great spike. A block? You know that move when someone tries to spike it, but the opposing team's person is really tall and they just stick their hand in the way and it goes right back on the person spiking it? That's a block. I could never spike it or block it. Too short! But I made a good dig or two. My best was a fall in my knees into the sand, and it went backwards over my head, the net, into their territory, and we scored. It was totally cool!

Bet your grands are better than I ever thought about being. But volleyball is the sport I liked that I was good at. Baseball/softball, I didn't like them, but I was good; not enough action and too hot standing still!

Here is a link that might be useful: Volleyball jargon

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 5:10PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
agnespuffin

Thanks!! Now we know about all the other stuff about the game that we never knew that we didn't know!

Oh well, she enjoys it and since she is really quite good at it.....well, who knows what might happen!

Bookmark   September 9, 2011 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 25 - 15
It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and...
don_socal
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
Dancing with the chickens. Video
DD and GS are taking how to make video classes, and...
west_gardener2
Water craft around the Caribbean
In the harbor in St. Thomas, USVI.Fred Olsen Cruises'...
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™