Water, water evrerywhere but I sure don't want to drink it.

gandle(4 NE)September 23, 2013

Those terrible floods in Colorado sent their water down the Platte river and we have flood water everywhere. Sure hope the dike and sandbags hold around the city sewage plant. All the low lying areas and lands near the river are under water. Crest passed through this A.M.. And this stage is expected to last 2 more days.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

Oh dear! Nature sure has a way to spread the "joy", I do hope the sewer plant stays within it's limits, that could be a far-reaching and dangerous situation.
And now they have snow in Colorado, it has also snowed in Lake Tahoe in the Sierras - are we in for an early winter I wonder?

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:08PM
mawheel

The Almanac is calling for a colder, snowier winter, at least in my neck of the woods. I'm so happy for the very cool, clear, sunny days we've had for the last week, I'm almost giddy.

George, my fingers are crossed that the dike and sandbags around the sewage plant will hold and that the rest of the area won't experience too much damage. Mother Nature has shown her power In all parts of the U.S., this summer.

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 6:26PM
gmatx_gw zone 6

George, I was thinking of you Saturday when MSN had an article about the flood waters from Colorado going into the North Platte. I wasn't sure how close to there you were, but was crossing my fingers that you would not be in harms way. As mwheel says, fingers crossed that the dike and sandbags around the sewage plant will hold.
Mary

Bookmark   September 23, 2013 at 7:19PM
kris_zone6

Very often we don't think of the collateral damage. The immediate damage in Colorado was over and many of us forgot about the aftermath in other areas. Thanks for reminding us.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 10:36AM
anneliese_32(6)

I read about the water in your area and thought of you. I hope the sandbags help and that you stay dry. Please keep us updated, we worry.

Bookmark   September 24, 2013 at 8:26PM
west_gardener

So, how is it going, gandle? Yes, we worry.

Bookmark   September 25, 2013 at 7:33PM
More Discussions
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
Finally some Snow in Georgia
We have snow. The ground is covered. The streets are...
janis_b
Quotes 2 - 26 - 15
God has cared for these trees, saved them from drought,...
don_socal
Sooty says: it fits
They do find the darnest places to take a nap, on my...
lilosophie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™