Spring set up

JoecdFebruary 4, 2014

I live in Pa and was planning on getting my 5000 gallon pond running again at the end of February. I was going to start with a water change of about 500 gallons then add micro lift sluge away. I do have two bogs. Should I wait to add the micro lift until later in the spring? I also do weekly water changes of about 100gallons. Is this depleting my micro lift additive? Can you please recommend anything else for me to do or alter my ideas? I have all types of fish ranging from minnows to catfish to Koi. Thank you for your help

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joe_09(z7 ny)

i would wait until later in the spring.the bio will work better with warmer water

    Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 10:42AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

You might find the Microbe Lift is not necessary, especially with bogs in the system.Why not wait until the water is warmer and test the water before you spend your money?

    Bookmark   February 10, 2014 at 3:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Joecd

What type of testing results do I need to see if my water has enough good bacteria in it?

    Bookmark   February 10, 2014 at 10:28PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Tree stump for decoration???
Hello all, I need information about my new 2,800 gallon...
izolah76
A deck window to my pond
Covered a portion of my pond with a deck so I decided...
thepondfather
Snake is eating my frog--Help!!
I looked out my second floor window and saw some movement...
sara_in_philly
My ponds with no liners
I dug these ponds with a rented bulldozer 30 years...
mikebotann
Waterlilies won't grow, leaves are small and curled
Hi all, I have waterlillies that until a year ago was...
reneek
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™