Signs of spring?

sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)March 18, 2014

Spring is coming!

The 6-8 inches of ice is gone. The fish are visible(at least some of them). Maybe next week it will be warm enough to dredge out some of the winter debris.

Spring is coming!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
myfrozenlittlepond(3)

Thanks for the encouraging news. Up here we are currently receiving additional snow and my pond is still hopelessly buried under several inches of ice and piled snow!

Bookmark   March 18, 2014 at 7:51PM
happy.in.my.garden

Here in WV it's 61 outside today...it feels so good to be out and pruning the clematis' and seeing what else needs done around the yard. Oh, and while working around the pond, guess what I saw? My first FROG of the season! She was sunning under the waterfall atop a partially submerged Creepin' Jenny.

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 12:56PM
catherinet(5 IN)

The weather is so weird. I hope it doesn't snow in June! I'm seeing tadpoles in my little stocktank pond. I think I saw the tail of my northern watersnake slip under the rock around the pond the other day. It will probably turn to 90 degrees right after the last snow!

Bookmark   March 19, 2014 at 7:43PM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

Spring is here! I can see Snowdrops outside my kitchen window and three robins showed up yesterday. I see sprouting daffodils and allium.

Catherine, we have seen snow on May 15 in Wisconsin. That is the last frost date there. It was so heavy on the leafed out branches they bent to the ground or broke.

Spring is definitely here.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 2:24PM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

Spring is here! I can see Snowdrops outside my kitchen window and three robins showed up yesterday. I see sprouting daffodils and allium.

Catherine, we have seen snow on May 15 in Wisconsin. That is the last frost date there. It was so heavy on the leafed out branches they bent to the ground or broke.

Spring is definitely here.

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 2:25PM
ademink(z5a-5b Indianapolis)

Hi my Indiana friends! :) Beautiful today....18 Sunday night. WHAT THE HECK??? lol

My fish are struggling..parasites and weakness. Hang in there, babies!

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 10:42PM
happy.in.my.garden

They're calling for snow her on Sunday and Tuesday, but that doesn't keep me from dreamin'...I've seen a total of three bull frogs in the pond sunning and the Koi are coming to the surface when they see me now! They know mama brings them food, but it's still to early to start feeding them, so they'll have to wait a little longer.
Ah, Spring!

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 10:42AM
catherinet(5 IN)

This is off topic.......but I've been feeling weak and puny lately. I wonder if doctors' offices have been getting more various complaints this year because of the weather? Surely it affects us physically and emotionally!

Bookmark   March 22, 2014 at 12:22PM
frugalgardener(5MI)

Enough snow is gone I could open the greenhouse cover on the pond. Saw a few fish - they look fine - but most important I saw Sylvia the turtle that moved in last year! She was on an edge just under the water and she pulled her head in just a little bit more when she saw me. Guess she is doing OK! Outside the cover we still have ice over the pond. Come on spring!!! Sherry

Bookmark   March 23, 2014 at 2:22PM
More Discussions
Dressing and coping a formal pond
Is there any general advice for how to dress the interior...
ysrgrathe PA 6b
Free mosquito fish (Gambusia) in FL?
Does any one know if you can get free mosquito fish(Gambusia)...
novembergrl
Hardiest Nelumbo?
Any idea if there is one variety of Asian Nelumbo that's...
fireweed22
Silicone brand - does it matter?
Hi all! So I'm currently repairing my first pathetic...
jennyb5149
Pond Heat
What is the best method of heating water to 70 degrees...
wellingtoncdm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™