Dormant seeding -- Now in the north?
I was planning to do some dormant seeding here in WI. I'm on the MN/WI border, just a few hours south of the Twin Cities. Our temps are down now pretty much with highs in the 40's, and I can't imagine getting enough warm days in a row to germinate KGB.
Am I better off waiting until December or even later? The fear I have is that we'll get snow here for good and I won't have my seed down. I've got plenty of bare spots from my renovation and I'm hoping to just knock out just some of them. Next spring I'll plant and water the bigger bare areas in the back/side of my yard.
I'm particularly interested in hearing from those that have successfully domant seeded. I'm not sure I've seen anyone on this board saying it really works well, and I don't want to just toss premium seed around with just a small chance of having any survivors.