They Live!!!!!

Craigger7March 12, 2014

OMG....Today was a good day looking into my small pond, and seeing live koi. The ice is finally starting to clear from my small pond. I chose not to stress my koi out, by not transferring them into the new big pond in October. I was regretting that when my submergible pump froze up at one foot depth in the middle of winter. My small pond is only 2 feet deep, this just shows the resilience of koi. So feeding my koi all those crazy things maybe paid off. I hope you guys that suffered the harsh winter fare well with your ponds.

Craig

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mike56(7a)

I am happy for you. All I see is snow and ice here in north west NJ. It has been melting so maybe I will see fish in the next weak or so.

Bookmark   March 12, 2014 at 6:12PM
Holly_ON(6a Ontario)

Sharing your joy. I will have to wait a few weeks yet to see if mine survived. Still ice but shows signs of melting.

Bookmark   March 15, 2014 at 8:00AM
happy.in.my.garden

I'm happy for you...and your koi! I know I worried all winter when my pond froze. This is the first time the pond has frozen completely over, so I was really concerned. Then when I went out yesterday to check on things, my koi were moving around and a couple of them even came to the surface.

Bookmark   March 15, 2014 at 12:56PM
Craigger7

I know its just because I haven't seen my koi in 4 months. But man do they look like they have grown. Good luck to ya guys, Warm weather is on the horizon.

Craig

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 4:39AM
scottw_2323

Haven't seen a single koi in my 8000 gal pond here in central Indiana yet, but DID see one of my big aquatic turtles sunning yesterday. Looks like spring may finally be on it's way!

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 10:11PM
Mike56(7a)

Today we have had enough ice melt to get a first glimpse of my fish. Two hole fish but mostly tails sticking out of their cave. They no longer fit in the cave;-)
I cant wait till it gets warm enough to get the pump back in and started up.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 3:01PM
CaraRose

Spotted my goldfish... looks like they all made it, even my tiny ryukin.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 5:05PM
Craigger7

Woot!!!! I just wish the weather would break for good now

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 4:32PM
happy.in.my.garden

I've got Spring fever so bad right now and a terrible itch to go outside and get things started, but as long as the weathers not going to hold out...I'll have to put it off for a little while longer.
I can not wait for warmer days to be the norm and to be able to enjoy working in the garden again and watching my babies swimming around.

Bookmark   March 28, 2014 at 8:49AM
More Discussions
Waterproof concrete sealers are too expensive
I'm just getting into this whole water feature thing,...
marsrising
Dressing and coping a formal pond
Is there any general advice for how to dress the interior...
ysrgrathe PA 6b
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
Pond Heat
What is the best method of heating water to 70 degrees...
wellingtoncdm
Free mosquito fish (Gambusia) in FL?
Does any one know if you can get free mosquito fish(Gambusia)...
novembergrl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™