Frost on the pumpkin?

anneliese_32(6)October 20, 2013

Well, I really don't know, since I have none, but the roofs in the neighborhood are white. I went back inside this morning, the temp at 5 AM was not conducive to running in PJ's out to the newspaperbox. Got dressed first, hubby just had to wait for his paper for a few minutes. The wind just picked up and it's raining oak leaves and not a cloud in the sky.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

How did my weather ge to your place? I had the morning frost and then blue sky/sunshine most of this month and do look forward to rain.
It's sweatshirt mornings/t-shirt afternoon sort of weather

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 9:53AM
kris_zone6

Here it is the same as Lilo's, frosty mornings and sunshine and warm afternoons. Our trees are all turning and some are shedding their leaves.

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 11:25AM
lilosophie

These petunias refuse to give up, I had them sitting on this bench in order to dump their little frozen bodies (or deer-eaten roots) two weeks ago, they got no grooming and only an occasional squirt of water, and look at them!

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 12:43PM
west_gardener

There was no frost here this morning, because we had a heavy fog cover. It was spooky seeing just the outlines of the trees, I expected to see Casper flying around.

Lilo, that is such a cool photo. Yes, the flowers are troopers, but the whole scene is so nice. Says something like, summer fading into fall, or the last of summer.

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 4:01PM
mawheel

Oh boy! The TV weather guy just said tonight's low temp may be 34 degrees! Guess that may mean "frost on the pumpkin" or at least, roof tops.

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 6:52PM
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois(5b)

A week ago, we had a bit of frost, but we are in a low-lying area. Nothing since.

I don't really want to upset you, but for the next couple of months we won't be in a situation to think about frost. Tuesday morning before sunrise, we will begin our drive to Ft. Lauderdale, where we will board a cruise ship that will not return to Florida until December 5. A leisurely 3-day drive and we will be back in Illinois for whatever weather there might be.

Frost? I don't care, I'm almost packed!

Jim

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 9:10PM
mawheel

Have a wonderful, relaxing, and fun-filled trip! Think about us poor folks suffering in the cold!

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 9:29PM
lilosophie

Have a wonderful time, Jim! Can you tell us details of your cruise? It's a pretty long one, must be very interesting - gonna share?

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 22 - 15
Man is a universe within himself. Bob Marley Prejudice...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 18 - 15
Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness,...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 21 - 15
Life is a lot like jazz... it's best when you improvise. George...
don_socal
How is your "Cold?"
Right now with the sun shinning and not a cloud in...
anneliese32
More rain.
We need it, looks like the next three or four days...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™