Skydive Stills

flowerluvr(Z5 IN)August 4, 2008

I'm going to have to make a trip to the library to get the videos on youtube, I guess. DFSIL tried yesterday, and it took 3 hrs to get a minute and a half of DS's loaded :(

In the meantime, here are some of the stills.

I was ahead of DS in the plane. He said it freaked him out when I went. He said he thought, "That guy just pushed my mom out of the plane" :)

That's my boy, right there.....falling out of a plane!!

Freefall ROCKS! They went through the drill with us at least 10 times, so we'd know when to pull the cord. Lol, we were both so wrapped up in the whole thing that we forgot to do it. Fortunately, that happens a lot, which is what makes it nice to have someone who's got it together strapped on your back.

We live to fight another day ;)

So I don't make this a pain for slower connections, I'll post links to the slideshows. Even if you get sick of looking at me and the boy, the photograpy is AMAZING. The guy has the video camera on his helmet, and takes the still shots by biting on a switch in his mouth. I can't get shots this good with both feet on the ground, lol! They have THE most amazing staff working at this place. Both of my guys were nuts and we had such a good time. BTW, I wore the cheers shirt that my nephew brought me from Boston. He and his brother went skydiving, and him telling me about it was what prompted me to take Phil. I had my instructor and videographer sign the back of it...they thought that was a HOOT! So, I let my granny arms flap in the wind as a nod to DN. They offered me a flight suit, but I didn't want to cover up my shirt. DS tells me I'm a spazz, and I'm sure I embarrased him half to death with all my hopping around and clapping and just generally being excited out of my mind!

Here is a link that might be useful: DS Slideshow

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deanneart(z5Southern NH)

Wow, wow, wow!You rock and roll Brenda! Is that a photo of you and DS holding hands in the middle of that slide show? Way cool!
Deanne

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 11:34AM
flowerluvr(Z5 IN)

The hand-holding shots in the air are with the videographer. He grabs your hand, and it makes you spin around in circles!!!
DS and I didn't see each other once we exited the plane until we were on the ground.
I reeeeally gotta get off my butt and get to town. DH is beginning to believe I'm totally obsessed. I am :)

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 12:02PM
Monique z6a CT(6a CT)

Wow! What great shots and I'm totally impressed that you did it! Me, I'm afraid of heights and get dizzy so can't even look over the edge of a balcony LOL Plus I don't necessarily like the feeling of falling so don't go on rollercoasters anymore. Looks like you had a great time-gonna do it again soon?

Monique

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 12:25PM
woodyoak zone 5 Canada(5b)

You look (and sound!) like you had a LOT of fun! But there's no way that I'd have the guts to do that!

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 12:48PM
Jerri_OKC(z7 Ok)

It is so cool that you did this with your son! I'm really impressed. You both look so happy. :)
I'm with Monique, I don't even ride rollercoasters anymore. LOL

Jerri

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 2:01PM
flowerluvr(Z5 IN)

Monique, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, and DH assumes we'll be making the trip again. I think he's kinda starting to want to try it. You should have seen the big grin on his face the first time he saw the videos. Maybe I'll retire from farming and become a skydive instructor ;)
Brenda

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 2:57PM
saucydog(z5MA)

LOL, Brenda, we'll have to do an Idyllunion where you teach us all to jump out of a plane and land in a really cool garden :)

Saucy

Bookmark   August 4, 2008 at 6:12PM
Jerri_OKC(z7 Ok)

I'll be the one on the ground taking photos! LOL

Jerri

Bookmark   August 5, 2008 at 10:31AM
flowerluvr(Z5 IN)

:) Okay, Saucy...a skydiving Idyllunion it is! Since Jerri called photographer on the ground, I guess that will make Deanne videographer/photographer in the air. Deanne, get your camera strapped to your helmet!
Thanks to all for indulging me
Brenda

Bookmark   August 7, 2008 at 7:56AM
chelone

You guys crack me right up. I'm all alone here, laughing audibly over my coffee.

Hahaha...

Bookmark   August 10, 2008 at 7:37AM
More Discussions
true pink or purple oriental poppies
Hi, I've tried to grow pink and purple oriental poppies...
mary_rockland
Border Patrol Plants
Border Patrol Plants: those small, front-of-the-border...
christinmk z5b eastern WA
Are Agapanthus hardy in zone 6
Does anyone have experience growing agapanthus in zone...
KarenPA_6b
Are you missing past content?
I went searching for my old comments on GW and according...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Astilbes
I got a bag of Astilbes from Costco, I'm in wa state...
kaesgarden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™