Plastic Bags

cherokee_joeshoebootMarch 28, 2013

Anyone know of a good source for large plastic bags for moving my fish. I have a number of 10" to 20" koi that I have to move and don't have bags large enough to hold them. I plan to put the bags into large storage bins for transport. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Mike56(7a)

I use the large storage bins with no bag. Use a lid so they can't jump out and make sure air can get in.
How far do you have to go?

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 10:00PM
cherokee_joeshoeboot

It's about a three hour drive for this move. Later I'll be moving the bulk of my Koi from a different pond located in TX. Moving them to eastern KY. Long drive, usually takes me about 20 hours. not sure how I will get that done. Didn't have any problem when I took them out there but they were a lot smaller then.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 12:46AM
Mike56(7a)

You need an air pump that you can plug into your car power outlet. I don't if anyone makes one or not.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 3:28PM
Mike56(7a)

They do make them. Bing search 12 volt air pump. I don't know how to send a link but one address is below.

http://www.sunnysports.com/Catalog.aspx?op=gcsSearch&Term=12+volt+air+pump&AnyCategory

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 3:48PM
patrick__mi__z5(z5 Mi)

When I moved mine I used a couple of igloo ice chests. The largest they make, they kept the water temp constant and the top kept the water in. For that distance and time I would definitely use an air pump to give them a shot of air.

Bookmark   March 29, 2013 at 7:27PM
frankielynnsie

I use a rubber maid type of storage container. There are holes at the handle that are the perfect size for threading an air pump plastic tube thru. You can get a converter that plugs into the cigarette lighter at radio shack or walmart and plug your aquarium air pump with air stone into that. Keep the lid on and they should make the trip without any problems. I transported three 16 inch koi and four 8inch koi this way 2 weeks ago.

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 8:59PM
More Discussions
Tree stump for decoration???
Hello all, I need information about my new 2,800 gallon...
izolah76
Do crows eat frogs?
I've had my pond for 15 years, and never suspected...
robin321
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
betta anger issues
Hi guys. I have 3 bettas 1 male 2 female. The male...
clancy87
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™