Quote 10-22-10

don_socalOctober 22, 2010

"I know of no more disagreeable situation than to be left feeling generally angry without anybody in particular to be angry at."

Frank Moore Colby

"The broad general rule is that a man is about as big as the things that make him angry."

Source Unknown

"A wave of anger washed over me, anger against myself, at my age at the time, that stupid lyrically age, when a man is too great a riddle to himself to be interested in the riddles outside himself and when other people are mere walking mirrors in which he is amazed to find his own emotions, his own worth."

Milan Kundera

"As the whirlwind in its fury teareth up trees, and deformeth the face of nature, or as an earthquake in its convulsions overturneth whole cities; so the rage of an angry man throweth mischief around him."

Akhenaton

"''I lose my temper, but it's all over in a minute,'' said the student. ''So is the hydrogen bomb,'' I replied. ''But think of the damage it produces!"

George Sweeting

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilod(NoCal/8)

I like the last one!
The others seem to address men's issues more, and I am not really one to comment on them...make me chuckle, though

Bookmark   October 22, 2010 at 5:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
west_gardener

I like the last one, just like lilod,I'm not really the one to comment on them. Where are the men?
I also like the Akhenaton quote. He seems to equate himself with raw nature, no control there.

Bookmark   October 22, 2010 at 8:08PM
More Discussions
Where are you mwheel?
Miss your postings.
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 15 - 15
A man's friendships are one of the best measures of...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
If it isn't one thing...
Seems everyone has a story of weather and related problems,...
lilosophie
A sad morning
Martha, of the green eggs, has passed on to the big...
lilosophie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™