What plant is this?

gospotgoJune 25, 2014

Hi there, I found this forum because I need help identifying a plant that is growing in my container garden. I originally transplanted these from a friend of mine thinking they were a different type of tomato plant than the others I was taking... well, the other 5 tomato plants are really taking off and these two are not only not growing like tomato plants, they don't smell like them either. I tried tasting the leaf and it was pretty much tasteless, but the plant is obviously still young. When I took these plants from my friend's garden, they were in the same area as the tomatoes, so I assume they need the same growing conditions. I would ask him what they might be, but he is in the hospital undergoing surgery to remove cancer and I really don't think I should be bothering him with this! If anybody knows what these plants are, so I can either toss them or properly care for them, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks in advance :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weedwoman(z6 NJ)

chrysanthemum'>Chrysanthemum???

WW

Bookmark   June 25, 2014 at 8:49PM
gospotgo

His wife says they don't have any chrysanthemums... haven't been able to find one online that quite looks like it, although close... anything else it could be?

Bookmark   June 27, 2014 at 7:17AM
linaria_gw

maybe Artemisia vulgaris, a perennial wildflower or weed.

That one would have an aromatic scent when rubbed or crushed (at least older foliage) and spreads slowly by rhizomes.

So if in doubt, just watch a little longer

Bookmark   June 27, 2014 at 8:22AM
gospotgo

Well dang... waste of a pot! ;) Thanks for the responses, I will do just that and wait a little longer before evicting it for a vegetable plant!

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 12:16AM
Carrie B

Agree with Artemisia vulgaris.

Bookmark   June 28, 2014 at 7:58AM
More Discussions
Help ID the 4 Plants in this flower bed
I am trying to ID the plants in this bed. I'm fairly...
btalarczyk
pink anthurium
I am looking for the botanical name for my pink anthurium....
linda_leaf z10fla
Rosemary exact species name please (Qatar)
Hi Guys Can you please name the exact species of this...
maufie123
Mystery desert plant wtih bright orange seeds
Hi there! This plant was found while hiking near Tucson,...
kellibee1111
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™