The down in the dumps winter blechs...

cajunrosegal(10 south florida)February 20, 2007

I went out this morning and there was frost on the ground...again. My poor roses are confused, its been like weather by Sybil down here. Hot cold in between...the fig trees are trying to bud then get frost bitten. The roses have buds that arent opening cos they are frost bitten..sigh

Then tomorrow its supposed to be 70??

You never know to wear a coat or shorts!

Angela

Grouching...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
theroselvr

My daffs started coming up a few weeks ago. Lush green foliage. We then got a freeze, then snow & ice. Next thaw maybe I'll dig them up and bring them inside to enjoy. Just in case.

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 6:04AM
pete41(9ab FL.)

Yeah-moving south from Montana April of ``00'' I was shocked to see the bridges freeze before roads signs all the way down to rt.10..
Our winter is over,got down to 35 the other nite,will be gone up from here to hades.Hard to believe its time to feed them,again.
In another couple of weeks the dreaded live oak leaves drop begins again.Saw three dead coral snakes[roadkill]already -such is life in paradise.

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 7:09AM
harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania

I am excited because the high will be over 30 for the first time in about 3 weeks. Its kinda funny that with lows near zero and windy too - most of my HT's never dropped their leafs.

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 7:21AM
carla17(Z7 NC)

Starting a false spring here. I will not succumb to the tease and prune. I feel like it is not officially spring, at least not here.

Carla

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 8:41AM
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

I pruned my roses last weekend. It was sunny and almost 70. Now it is pouring rain, blowing wind and 43. Back to normal for Oregon. My winter blues are going away slowly as the days get longer and I see some plants start to bloom.
kathy

Bookmark   February 20, 2007 at 5:59PM
More Discussions
Francis Meilland, suggestions on pruning and care?
I currently have him in a 15 gallon, he's at least...
msdorkgirl
Awesome Climber
This is a very popular spot to take photos in the San...
FriendsSJRoseGarden
vigorosa roses
As I continue my research on roses that will work in...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Photo-Cl. Butterscotch
This is a test to see if I can post on Houzz. A favorite...
James_Shaw_San Francisco Bay Area
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™