My wonderful husband

sammy zone 7 TulsaFebruary 7, 2007

We have a new little puppy, Blaze. He is 4 months old, and is a golden just like his big brother. They love to go out in the yard, dig in the mud, then run in and show us how black their legs can get. I think that they lick each other or the older dog licks the puppy. Anyway, the puppy smelled bad, and we had Puppy Kindergarten on Monday night, and I didn't want Blaze to stink.

I asked my husband if he would sort of clean his fur. I said he didn't need a bath, but maybe he could brush him well or take a wet wash cloth over his fur.

When I came home, my husband had the perfect solution. He was going to spray him with Febreze. I stared at him waiting for him to laugh or say he was joking. He said it worked on furniture, and it ought to work on Blaze. I could just laugh. I explained to him that the older dog and Blaze would eat the Frebreze, and he could never get Blaze to hold still to get sprayed. I said to just wash him off with a cloth. So he went to the Pet Store, and got a spray intended to be sprayed on dogs that smelled like Baby Powder. It was the worst smelling stuff I had ever smelled. We agreed to never never never spray Blaze.

This was so funny that I had to share it. I am sure that my husband would not have gone too far, and he had already worried about protecting his eyes. But he really was trying to be helpful. Blaze weighs 45 pounds, so is not too small and fragile.

Febreze!

Sammy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

LOL, tell him febreze has crossed my mind on more than one occassion! I'm sure you were very nice and didn't laugh too hard when you told him chemicals don't go with puppies ;]

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 12:09AM
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

Freddy sure could use some Frebreeze. After he has been to the neighbor's horse droppings esp. And since he eats them, he could use some Listerine too.
Kathy

Bookmark   February 8, 2007 at 1:26PM
harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania

I see this as another man-bashing thread.

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 1:47PM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Ooops, forgot, Harry:

Poster meredith_e does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability in any postings, services, or activities, in access to them, or in any aspect of their operations. This notice is provided as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990. Questions, complaints, or requests for additional information regarding these laws maybe forwarded to the designated compliance coordinator.

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 12:34AM
pagan(8b)

snarfle!!

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 9:56AM
kittymoonbeam

Ever been to a Disney park in the heat of summer....standing for an hour next to some sweaty tourist as you wait to ride a 8 minute kiddie ride....I say Febreeze for all!!!!

Bookmark   February 13, 2007 at 8:43PM
More Discussions
For those looking for Poseidon/Novalis
Heirloom Roses has it! I was so excited when I saw...
Rosecandy VA, zone 7
Does anyone grow First Prize own-root?
I have seen a huge First Prize plant but don't know...
erasmus_gw
RRD - witches broom? Knockout roses
Can any identify if this is RRD? About 25% of the bush...
CharNC
Growing roses indoors in winter with very little light
I've read many sources here where people stated that...
braverichard zone 6
Some of the funniest posts from the past.
Does anyone who's is good with computers know how to...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™