morning musings...

pagan(8b)March 13, 2007

Good morning all! Watching Max the Moo whine around the house cus he has a bit of a treat left that he wants to bury... he hides it in various and sundry places, using his little nose in a vain attempt to cover it with debris - not a lot of that around the house - he has better luck outside. Then he lays down to admire his work and keep an eye on his goodie. After a few minutes, he gets up and hides it again... this entails much walking around the house and whimpering while he tries to find the perfect location. Sometimes this performance can last for an hour or more... when he finally settles down to eat the treat, he will usually gnaw away some of it from one position, then get up, turn around and dig in from the other direction. Interesting to see the vestiges of the wild left in my domestic boy...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anntn6b(z6b TN)

Bonnie the wonderdawg found part of an articulated deer carcass in the woods. All that is still around are three pairs of leg bones.
And the old dawg is like a puppy with a toy. And we're getting a sort of bone meal in various and sundry places.

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 7:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

LOL, I can just picture Max the Moo. I love that!

I love watching my guys find things to take to their hidy-places, or dangle them and pretend to start to run away to entice someone to chase them.

My favorite recently is Kyta the Jindo [primitive Korean breed] realizing that he enjoys protecting the food... you know, that can of Pringles on the side table like in ancient Asia ;]

He takes great pains to not let anyone get within 3 feet of it without his low rumble-warning... and seriously waggy tail :)

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 10:23PM
More Discussions
Roses that you miss
I have a few roses I have lost over the last 10 years....
kingcobbtx9b
When to remove winter protection so it doesn't rot, basically?
After last year's killing Polar Vortex, this winter...
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
New record!
OK, all you snow freaks, you got your new record here...
seil zone 6b MI
Roses, feeding an addiction......
I have been on a search for Peach Drift. I called...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Please Get To The Huntington Quickly!!
Please try to get to the Huntington in the next few...
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™