Good Morning Thurs.

zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)March 20, 2008

Just dropped in this morning --Trying to catch up on everyone.

I don't see many of my old friends-----I hope you are all OK--

Where is Celeste----Susan---Pagan----Pete--Rozanna-- and many other regulars ????

I'm still not walking very well----back and forth between wheelchair and the cane--

My DD is getting stronger all the time (it has been a very sad period for her)

It has been 7 long months--

I'm looking forward to spring---We do have some crocus and daffys trying to bloom

I hope some of you strangers check in-----

Have a Happy Easter everyone-----

Florence

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

Hi Flo, I'm strange, but not a stranger.

I am getting ready for spring vacation here. It will be so nice to have a week off. We are also having Daffs bloom, and also flowering plum trees and the wisteria is blooming (late this year). My DH and DS built me a new bed and I planted 3 climbing roses, some clematis and perennials. I have about 2 inches of new growth on my freshly pruned roses.

I have been enjoying watching Idol and Dancing w/ the stars and there is a new show on the History Channel called "Axmen". It shows logging operations in Oregon. This is so typical of the area where I live. Lots of log trucks, mills, friends who are loggers or work in the industry. If you want to see beautiful Oregon, watch this show.

My DS who is a Sr. applied to colleges all over the country, so we are anxiously awaiting word of where, if any, he has been accepted.

My ankles are practically healed and I am wearing skirts and nice shoes to work again. Freddy and I are back to walking in the dark and rain in the morning. I am sorry your healing is taking so long, Florence. I will keep you in my prayers.
Hope others respond and tell how they are doing this spring.
Happy Easter to everyone.
Fondly
Kathy

Bookmark   March 20, 2008 at 1:36PM
Carol_SE_PA_6

Hello Florence:
I am glad to hear from you but feel badly that you aren't healing as quickly as you would like. I hope you make a trip to LBI this summer and stop by. I don't know where everyone is hiding these days - hopefully in their gardens! I think that Pete is visiting Disney! Too bad, he is always funny! Take care and happy Easter!

Bookmark   March 20, 2008 at 1:37PM
kathy9norcal

Hi Florence! I too am strange. I have been home with the flu for 2 days, thus more postings when I have a little energy. Hopefully, the upcoming warm weather will make you feel better and heal faster. I know I always feel better in warm weather.
Hope you Easter is enjoyable!
Kathy

Bookmark   March 20, 2008 at 5:54PM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

Hi Zeffy! It's so good to see you posting - I think about you and keep hoping you are feeling better, even baby steps at a time.

We've got some early spring blooming things giving us some color, and bulbs, but it's been so darn chilly and wet it's hard to get out and enjoy them - feels very much like our winter for it really being mid-March. I hope your Spring weather arrives and brings you some warmth soon.

I just finished 4 long days of tax prep and have all the material ready for our accountant...what a relief that is, and WHY do I put it off so late every year and cause myself stress :(

We're having Easter a day early so all my family can meet and be together - at a restaurant too, no cooking! I hope you will be doing something you enjoy and will delegate any work to someone else so you just keep healing. Let us know how your weekend goes.....Hugs, Maureen

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 1:28AM
catkim(San Diego 10/24)

Hi Florence. I'm more of an irregular than a regular, but one of your fans. You are such a trooper. If you feel like taking a nap, take a nap.

"Don't bug me, I'm shleeping."

Bookmark   March 21, 2008 at 10:47PM
AnneCecilia z5 MI

Hi Florence! I was off to southern Michigan babysitting for my granddaughter for almost a week and then came down with a very bad cold when I returned. It really knocked me off my feet and I ended up missing most of last week at work. I was even too sick to want to come here and visit - now that's sick!! ;-)

I've been following your update notes on your recovery and I'm sorry it's been such a slow struggle. I am glad to hear however that your daughter is making progress. Time, that's what it takes...Time. I hope you and your family have a delightful Easter!
Hugs,
Anne

Bookmark   March 22, 2008 at 5:47PM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

Hi Florence!
I am still here, and always reading even when I'm not posting. As you know, it has been a difficult winter for me, with Gracie still in Florida with the loser boyfriend...(how I miss her!)...my mom has Alzheimer's, Tiffany had such a traumatic thing happen and I am busy taking her to counseling to heal....now I am going in for surgery on April 2, which should keep me bedridden for a while. (And I have bareroot roses coming a week after my surgery!). We still have tons of snow up here, so even if I was well enough to plant them, I wouldn't be able to because of all the snow. Guess they will sit in buckets for a good long while!

I think about you often, and when warmer weather rolls around I am going to send you some more suckers of my "Pompom" rose. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and hope that you will get stronger and have less pain.

Celeste

Bookmark   March 23, 2008 at 9:07AM
More Discussions
Rose Rosette video lecture, City of Allen, Texas
See: http://allentx.swagit.com/play/03302015-751
henry_kuska
Zone 5 Rose Gardeners "What's Your Favorite Rose'?
Please share your favorite rose. Which one do you...
allaboutrosegardening
Rose Fields
La Sumida off the Patterson exit in Santa Barbara,...
Kippy
Potting Or Planting New Bare Root Roses?
In the past, I have planted most of the bare root roses...
alameda/zone 8
Heritage Rosarium?
Is this rose garden still opening for visits around...
sujiwan_gw
Sponsored Products
Haiku Kurouchi 4.25 in. Yangi Knife - B05
$197.95 | Hayneedle
"Pewter" Charger Plate - PEWTER
$75.00 | Horchow
Rosle Large Muddler
$22.00 | FRONTGATE
Hyland Sofa - Lucky Turquoise Blue
Joybird Furniture
Manhattan Super Bright LED Christmas Garland Christmas Decor
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Christopher Knight Home Mauricio Black Polyurethane Bar Stool (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Sherise Rectangular Mirror
Grandin Road
Knicker Chair by Blu Dot
$279.00 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™