Anyone into marching bands or DCI?

rob333October 4, 2012

I'm just curious. It's a really odd thing for most anyone to really watch or participate in. I really was and I still love watching and hearing drum and bugle corps (Drum and Bugle Corps International (DCI)). We were state champs and Grand or Reserve Grand Champions for three of the four years I was in high school. I'm getting excited about it all over again since LF is still going strong with his flute playing. In a couple of years, he'll go on to march if he wants. Ironically, his school doesn't have a marching band, so he'd have to go to...drum roll... my alma mater to march. HA! Well, just thought I'd ask.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

I love to watch them. One of the things I hate about College football now is they dont televise the half-time how with the great marching bands. I'd like to find a channel that does broadcast them

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 5:54PM
rob333

Cool! I'm glad someone does :) They actually had the DCI world championship in movie theaters. At least I saw it avertised. That'd be almost as good as being there. I still get all goosebumpy when I hear them. Even on YouTube and other places on the internet. Yep, even the Madison Scout's 1988 Maleguena. And Santa Clara Vanguard's Phantom of the Opera. And, I just found Spartacus by Phantom Regiment. Totally awesome!

Here is a link that might be useful: Madison Scouts closer 1988-YouTube

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 8:26AM
minnie_tx

Thanks I'll watch later after I wake up!!

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 10:05AM
More Discussions
Quotes 2-20-15
Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking...
west_gardener2
Quotes 2 - 19 - 15
In the depth of winter I finally learned that there...
don_socal
Remembering Mitzi
My step-mother had a sister named Lyle. A real free...
gandle
Quotes 2 - 18 - 15
Goodness is about character - integrity, honesty, kindness,...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 1 - 15
Drag your thoughts away from your troubles... by the...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™