Anyone else in a pollen storm? And what's-in-bloom

meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevationMarch 29, 2007

Ugh, the cars are covered in yellow.

I ridemowed for the first time this season, and I'm feeling it. Is it possible to just have pollen-allergy-asthma, or would that just be called asthma? Or a pollen allergy-cough-wheeze, lol?

In any case, my sympathies to anyone else caught in this dry land with a sea of pollen.

It tries to tarnish the blooms of spring... now displaying Crabapple Louisa, Double Weeping Cherry, Magnolia 'Jane', Russian Almond, Hand-me-down spirea, Fragrant white akebia vine and numerous azaleas and camelias in my yard.

And of course forsythia and perennials ;]

I suppose trees need lovin' too, bwahaha.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Forgot the Carolina jessamine! Can't forget the bright yellow with all the pinks and white, jeez. She's supposed to rebloom in the fall this year, so we'll see.

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 3:11PM
orchids2000(7b)

Yes you can have seasonal induced asthma. I know I have it and depending on the year I may have to use an inhaler, but usually I know the signs and how to control.

Here we are covered in elm and oak pollen which do cause allergies. We also have pine pollen but the allergists swear these don't cause problems. :\ And yes lots of yellow cars, driveways and roads awash in white as the Bradford blooms finish. Happy Spring, now where is our rain to wash this all away....

Bookmark   March 29, 2007 at 4:45PM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Thank you; I may have to ask the doc about an inhaler when it's this bad.

Charlotte had insane pollen levels, they've been saying on the news. Something like 500 is very bad, and we had over 7000!

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 6:57AM
orchids2000(7b)

No idea what ours is other than I have seen very high, but then again I don't normally watch the local news. I guess if we don't get rain anytime soon the yellow will become red from all the clay dust.

Bookmark   March 30, 2007 at 11:23AM
More Discussions
pernnial blue and purple skyliner
OK, since you all were so helpful with your comments...
bart_2010
Osiria rose - slow grower?
Does anyone else have an Osiria? Mine is fairly new...
HollyKline
Rose thorn infection update
For those who missed the last thread on the subject,...
alisande
Pruning vigorous HTS in soCal
Hi, Usually a 'lurker' on the forum. I am a gardener...
raingreen
Does Anyone Grow Rina Hugo?
This is a new rose in my garden, and one I'd never...
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™