Not Sick but --???

michaelalreadytakenMarch 12, 2007

It's not that I'm "sick." I guess I do have a little stomach indigestion--and that's it.

It's that I have no energy. Zero. Zip. Nada.

It started last night while I was doing some work on the computer. I'd just stare at the screen and have to keep thinking about it. I finally gave up and went to bed--just couldn't get anything done.

Everything's buried in molasses. My thoughts, my arms, my legs--slow motion.

2+2 is---?????????????????????????????????-----oh yeah, 4.

Maybe it's allergies. Guess I'll go take one of those pills whose name I can't remember--starts with an "L."

:):):)

Michael

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

Michael, norovirus is running rampant up here, hope you don't have a light case of that. Me, telling you, to watch your fluids and get some rest would be a little silly wouldn't it? And just how fair is it that no one I know who has had the virus has even had the enjoyment of a cruise :)

Flu shot or not, doesn't seem to matter. Hope you are better tomorrow.

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 7:06PM
carla17(Z7 NC)

There's been stomach bugs going everywhere. For me it was no vomiting or the other, just pain. Take care of you.

Carla

Bookmark   March 12, 2007 at 8:40PM
pagan(8b)

as a foreign doctor told me, wayyyy back when, "You must have your uses!" I THINK he meant juices, but who can tell??

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 8:00AM
rose_nutty(z4b)

I think it's called day--light--savings--time! It'll take me a good week to get my bearings back. I HATE THIS STUPID TIME CHANGE!! My kids are tired and cranky, too. Obviously the fools that came up with this had no children to face in the morning that first week!

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 2:46PM
michaelalreadytaken

Yep. I've been drinking plenty of water.

Daylight Savings Time always messes me up too.

Michael

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 3:52PM
carla17(Z7 NC)

I love what you wrote rose nutty. Obviously daylight savings=let's play with the people's heads and bodies again!
And spring is when we need that extra energy. Argh. I try not to face my teen in the mornings and she does the same for me.
Get better MAT!

Carla

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 9:09PM
labrea_gw

Yeah the stomach thing hit all of us at work in the last 2 weeks, feel better with what ever it is that you have

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 10:03PM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

MAT, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Pagan, ROTFLMAO. That's hilarious.

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 10:09PM
michaelalreadytaken

They took one look at me and sent me home this afternoon--for which I am deeply grateful. I felt OK driving in and then thought I was going to pass out once I got there.

I freely confess to being a big, big wuss whenever I get the least little bit sick with anything.

As a nurse I can state unequivocally that men are the worst patients in the needy, whiny, helpless category of which I am currently exhibiting. :)

Chalk one up for the ladies!!!

I think (actually, I know but am in denial) that it's allergies. Now that I have meaningful health insurance I guess I should go make an appointment with an allergist.

OK--starting to fade again--back to the somnolent dream-state of seeing everything through a gauze mesh--time to go.

Michael

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 10:37PM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Oh my! Well, take care. I'm sorry it wasn't just a short bug!

Allergies do s*ck. Honeysuckle time, man... oh I'll be whining.

Bookmark   March 13, 2007 at 10:48PM
athenainwi

That sounds awful. I've had a sinus infection that I finally got antibiotics for and then I got hit with a mild form of the stomache bug at the same time. Right now I'm suffering from all the side effects that come with antibiotics as well as the remains of the sinus infection so I run out of energy fast. But I'm getting better. I hope you start feeling better soon. You should get your allergy theory checked out as it is so much nicer to know what is making you sick so you can treat it better.

Bookmark   March 14, 2007 at 4:21PM
More Discussions
vigorosa roses
As I continue my research on roses that will work in...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Which William Shakespeare Do I Have? Can WS be grown as climber?
I'm not sure which WS (Austin) I have and am wondering...
cjrosaphile
Roses and their offspring
I would like to learn more about roses that have reputations...
sara_ann-z6bok
What's wrong with my rose bush?
Can anyone please shed some light on what's wrong with...
alyong
New record!
OK, all you snow freaks, you got your new record here...
seil zone 6b MI
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™