reassure me...

pagan(8b)April 24, 2007

I am wondering if many of my roses have gone to the big rose garden in the sky. I moved Sombreiul a month or more ago and haven't seen hide nor hair of any green things from her stump; Puerto Rico, who was just a little 6 inch stem with a few leaves, got stepped on and broken off; Marie Van Houtte got chomped to the stump by a deer; and Jaundice Spray and Lady Carolina got freeze dried! Wondering if I will see any signs of life out of any of these, or should I write them off and begin thinking about replacements... It has been at least 2 weeks for many and more like a month for the rest!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla17(Z7 NC)

Have you thought about digging up Puerto Rico and potting it so you can baby it? Jaundice Spray, never heard that one, what a name! JS and Lady Carolina should be fine once they shed the crispy leaves if they have that. Sorry I can't offer more help without seeing them.

Carla

Bookmark   April 24, 2007 at 8:52AM
pagan(8b)

C - actually, I put Puerto Rico in the ground cus he WAS in a pot and I was ignoring him!! he was doing ok until the garden criminal stood on him while relocating Bonica!! Poor Bonica, she and Sombreuil have been moved so many times they qualify for frequent flyer miles! jaundice Spray is Jaun Despres(sp?).... you know, sort of like Clotted Soup is Clotilde Soupbert?!

Bookmark   April 24, 2007 at 9:01AM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Well, at least you have your sense of humor, lol! I never know mine are dead until they've looked that way for eons... I really am an optomist, lol!

And I'll take another opportunity to mourn the passing of wee Crepusule... waaaahh! Of course, one I wanted so badly for years. She betrayed me, I swear! I tried being good to her. Dunno what happened.

We'll meet again some day ;]

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 9:04AM
pete41(9ab FL.)

Take a knife and gently scratch them.If it isn't green under the outer layer-its dead.

Bookmark   April 25, 2007 at 9:37AM
More Discussions
Lilian Austin- Anyone Grow Her?
Does anyone have this rose? I am thinking of ordering...
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)
I love my Belinda's Dream Roses!
Belinda's Dream is proving to be such a good rose for...
sara_ann-z6bok
What rose is this?!?
First photo is what I'm looking for answers to. I thought...
Selah Kleaning
Help me choose a climbing rose please?
Here is my order..lol - I need a rose that is light...
gardenbug
Rose thorn infection update
For those who missed the last thread on the subject,...
alisande
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™