OK-Here are a few pics...

vtskiers(z6a CentralCT)August 27, 2006

You asked for it-late August.

Naturally, a Schnauzer welcome

A wider view

Those Castor Bean plants in 4" pots are a real deal when you figure they grow into this...lol.

Just a miscellaneous grouping of stuff around the cheap iron bench I found at Homegoods.

Kitchen window box

View of the new hot tub area from the garage. When we decided to site the tub here I was concerned that it would be the first thing people would see when they came to the door but you wouldn't believe how many people asked "What hot tub?" last night when we mentioned we had one.

BANANA! Tom painted the garage door lavender but it looks light blue in all the pictures.

Front door and a real Schnauzer welcome.

Charles Grimaldi is definitely not as florifeous this year as last even though the entire plant wintered over dormant in the basement.

Enough already, right?

Sue

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenbug(Canada zone 5)

Nope, not enough. I have work to do but I'd rather look at your fabu-fabu gardens!
Lavender door! YES! Looks good with the agastache too I bet!

Bookmark   August 27, 2006 at 5:41PM
lmcilhargie

Sue, THANK YOU! I loved going through these. Everything is looking so tropical and lush! One of my all time favorite gardens. I wouldn't get tired of seeing it if you posted pictures every week. Never enough of this eye candy! Oh and the lavender door is a nice touch (says the person with purple doors).

Eden

Bookmark   August 27, 2006 at 6:12PM
martieinct

Hail, Sue!!!!

Martie, bowing at the waist with arms outstretched:-)

Bookmark   August 27, 2006 at 7:15PM
deanneart(z5Southern NH)

Sue, yabba dabba do!!! Just wonderful! I love them all, I'm so sad I missed your party yesterday. All the plantings look so lush and perfectly maintained. I'm never, ever going to believe you again when you say things are a mess. I just love all the window boxes and that banana! Very cool!

OK I'm going to stop typing and go and look at all these photos again.

Deanne

Bookmark   August 27, 2006 at 11:00PM
michelle_zone4

Do gardeners ever get tired of fabulous garden pictures??? These are fantabulous! I'm glad that you posted pictures for us so that all your hard work really gets appreciated. This was my first year with castor beans. They are pretty cool. Yours is sited well. I put several in large containers as well. Thanks again for the tour.

Michelle

Bookmark   August 27, 2006 at 11:06PM
chloehoover(z6b VA)

Gorgeous, lush, tropical -- wow, you're really doing a lot with annuals too -- it's gives it such a lot of punch! You must work very hard every nite to keep up with it, Sue. Thanks for sharing -- it's looking like stills for a garden mag layout!! I adore how you've masked the hot tub area -- it truly is another little garden room.

--Cindy

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 9:05AM
Monique z6a CT(6a CT)

Beautiful photos Sue! We had a great time on Saturday evening and both hubby and I enjoyed our stroll around the ENTIRE garden.

Most of the plants that Sue and I have in common are so much larger in her garden. What is in the soil there LOL?

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 12:25PM
Marian_2(Z6 ARKozarks)

Sue.... Looking good! Love the kitchen window box, and the blooming brug is giving me hopes...:-)
The variegated colocasia (by the Schnauzer in the front door) looks like mine, including it's size.
Wow! That banana sure is large!
Thanks for the beauty.

Marian

Bookmark   August 28, 2006 at 3:42PM
siennact

Oh wow, what a gorgeous garden! It looks wonderful Sue. Inspirational!

Tina

Bookmark   August 29, 2006 at 12:33PM
vtskiers(z6a CentralCT)

Thanks folks! Sometimes I go through periods where I just don't like any of the pictures I take and stop taking them altogether. Now that so many plants are getting the end of season ratties, the photo ops are going to be less and less.

Monique, you and Les were just about the only guests the other night who spent any time looking at the garden. I don't know why some of my plants get so big. Mindy was saying the same thing when she was here in June. I don't water any more than I absolutely have to and the soil in the older garden areas isn't anything exceptional. Maybe it's the part shade-stuff doesn't get as stressed?

Hi Tina, thanks for stopping by!

Sue

Bookmark   August 29, 2006 at 8:01PM
haziemoon

Beautiful pics! Wow!
I love your house! It gave me a real cozy feeling.
What a wonderful place to live! You have done such a wondeful job.....keeping these pics for inspiration.

Haziemoon

Bookmark   September 3, 2006 at 2:09PM
triple_creek(z5)

Sue, Your gardens and hardscapes all blend so well together. It just looks great to me. I have problems with plants getting tall here. I think it is because of shorter sun time. The sun goes over a ridge to the west. We never get to see a sunset here.

Bookmark   September 3, 2006 at 10:42PM
shari1332(z7NC)

Thanks for sharing- love your garden! I especially love the wide shots like your hot tub picture.

Bookmark   September 9, 2006 at 9:49PM
honey_mi(Z5 MI)

Sue, your photos and gardens are spectacular! And I love your combos of annuals, tropicals and perennials. Thanks for the eye candy and inspiration!

Bookmark   September 12, 2006 at 9:15AM
More Discussions
Im looking for rare edible perennials for zone 5
I want things that require vary little work and do...
grannypeck
Off to Paris!
Hello Fellow Perennial Fanatics, :) I'm off to Paris...
steve1young
Achillea sun requirements
I planted a couple of these last year and they were...
DandyLioness (CA 9, SZ 14)
Are you missing past content?
I went searching for my old comments on GW and according...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Growing Yucca in container?
I seem to remember a member mentioning they were experimenting...
christinmk z5b eastern WA
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™