The Dog Days of August

cynthia_gwAugust 1, 2007

By Katie Grey.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenbug(Canada zone 5)

Absolutely Katie! Always will be! All those intrusive rude things are in fact to make things better.
Love,
Charlotte

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 8:15PM
denisez10(SoCal)

Hang in there, honey.

Love and kisses (might have to get out a ladder for the latter),

Ein (the corker)

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 8:23PM
lmcilhargie

Katie, you're just the sweetest, best girl there is! Wish you didn't have to go through that but it's to make you better. And I know your mama loves you very much and thinks you're the prettiest most special girl of all (me too!). Get better real soon!

Bud and Eden

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 8:26PM
dodgerdudette

Jeesh Katie, at least your mom doesn't stuff you in a little plastic box to take you to those guys. We think your mom is nicer than ours. We still feel sorry for you even if you are a dog, and therefore inferior to us. You are kinda pretty though,
Your friends, Doobie and Boo-Boo Kitty

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 8:48PM
deanneart(z5Southern NH)

Awwww... Katie... I don't normally talk to you funny looking cats but Deanne told me to wish you all the best and to tell you to get well soon.
HRH Rahjii (and Deanne too)

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 8:59PM
gardeningmary

Oh Katie - you're so brave! And you look beautiful:0)

doggie hugs,
Clousseau

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 9:12PM
Monique z6a CT(6a CT)

Oh Katie, I kind of know what you're going through and wish you the best. I had my neck and leg shaved also when I visited the neurologist and although it was not the best look for me, my mom still loved me and told me I was beautiful.

All the best,
Emma (with clueless brother Oliver too)

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 10:58PM
just_t

Katie, we still think you are the most beautiful (and the tallest) schnauzer we've ever seen. We sure wish your beard would grow back, but understand if you like to be without one.

Hope you are all better soon!
Henry & George (T. sends her best, too, pretty Katie!)

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 11:31PM
chelone

Are those morphine patches on your wrists? I rather enjoyed mine for the 4 days I wore it... (it dulled the beatings).

Wrecks

PS: my skin is striped, too.

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 5:02AM
chloehoover(z6b VA)

My mommy said I should send you a get well card, but I dont have your email, Katiedid...

I am going to hope they dont make you wear a lampshade like Mr. Rex had to, will they? Those things sure look dumb.

You are lucky to have a brother & sister who care so much about you and our Mommies sometimes take us places we'd rather not go - they say it's for our own good, but what do they know, right?

Do you get to eat whatever you want? Sometimes it is nice being sick - I hope you get to eat your most favorite things.

And get better real soon, Katie - I would like to meet you sometime!

Best regards,

Chloe

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 8:52AM
saucydog(z5MA)

Hope Katie and Cynthia both feel better soon! Katie, you do look stunning, I can't imagine why you'd think otherwise.

Saucy and Zeus (who doesn't have to sport the lampshade anymore and after an uneventful bath is back to his old handsome self....hmmm)

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 9:21AM
michelle_zone4

(((Hugs))) to you Katie. I think you are beautiful and regal.

Jaden (Michelle too)

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 10:15AM
chloehoover(z6b VA)

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 1:36PM
cynthia_gw

Katie is feeling much better about her inverse poodle cut today. Thanks for the therapy :) Chloe! You outdid yourself, especially for a white fluffy!

Her back of course still hurts so she hasn't been able to do a full body shake for some time. But the air moving across her head is making her try to shake from the neck up. Poor babe. She had the CSF (Cerebral Spinal Fluid) tap yesterday and joint taps in front leg and rear knee. The good news is that the CSF fluid was cloudly- so we're anxiously awaiting lab results which will come in from different places over the next week. Some may be back tomorrow. I know that doesn't seem like good news, but her pain has been going on since April and this means we may be close to determining the problem and that feels good to me :) Plus with every 4 digit diagnostic procedure we do it's adding up to a down payment on a beach house.

I've found myself having 'allergy' attacks (brief) more frequently, so took the camera along to give me something more fun to do. Otherwise I sniffle all the way there. Of course the batteries died when we got to the office so I couldn't take pictures of the staff making a fuss over the sweet girl, while Katie lies on the floor and thumps her tail and roos quietly for kisses. She is the BEST patient.

I left while she was having the procedures and went to a nearby nursery that is getting used to us stopping by on the way home from the neurologist. (It's an hour from my house.) Everyone wanted to know where Katie was, and when I bought my dwarf greenstripe bamboo, they loaded me up with dog cookies for her :)

So, thank you all for your kindness. Hoping we have an answer soon and she can start feeling better. (Me too!)

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 2:11PM
wendy2(zone 6 MA)

Cynthia, thinking of both of you. Hope you have the answer soonest!

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 2:57PM
chelone

It was difficult to watch the Huge One hopping around on 3 legs; the worst was watching him struggle to "drop a deuce" (thanks, Wendy!) on one functional hind leg AND on a leash AND on the front lawn!

Hang tough. And please know I'm so hoping you at least receive a diagnosis that will enable the treatment of Katie's pain. They're so stoic, aren't they?

(((Cynthia)))

The vet. took one look at Rex and wondered if they should muzzle him... but the staffers said, "No! he's obedient and very, very gentle." He charmed them, the same way I'm sure Katie has. (I swear by regular beatings!).

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 3:29PM
denisez10(SoCal)

LOL on "drop a deuce." Rushed in to take informal family poll on familiarity with phrase. Only youngest DS had heard of it. Priceless, Wendy. I've got a 3-legged cat (missing front leg), Newt, my little monkey-cat. Kind of brindle, like Katie. Should call her St. Newt. I bandaged her hurt leg daily for months until it was clear the use of the leg would never be regained. Imagine what it's like pulling adhesive off fur. What stoic creatures.

I missed out on initial symptoms going on since April and back pain. Wonder what the docs suspect it could be.

Bookmark   August 2, 2007 at 4:21PM
cynthia_gw

Not a skinhead anymore :)

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 12:44PM
chloehoover(z6b VA)

LOL!

I vote for #1 Hat.

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 2:06PM
dodgerdudette

I rather like number 3..elegant and sophisticated-an Audrey Hepburn look if you will...

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 8:01PM
deanneart(z5Southern NH)

I pick Number 2. ROTFLOL!!!! What an expression. Love it.

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 10:09PM
lmcilhargie

My fav is #1. I like the twist of the cap being on sideways. A very sassy look! Katie, you're gorgeous in each and every hat and picture!

Cynthia, I still think you should spring for that Jackie O pillbox I posted a link to a while back. Or how about these, the black for Monty, the pony print for Dannie and the pink crushed velvet for Katie. What a trio they would make!

Eden

Here is a link that might be useful: hats

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 5:16PM
More Discussions
NEWBIES: dealing with heavy clay soil
i praise the Lord.. i have never had to deal with it...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
Its alive!
Our area experienced the coldest average temperature...
rouge21_gw
What groundcover would you mix with Helleborus?
I'd like to plant a new bed of hellebores, but I'm...
magpiepix 5b/6a
Welcome spring...
I usually spend most of my time on the Roses Forum...
bethnorcal9
NEWBIES: stay out of your garden
ALL NEWBIES .... I KNOW YOU HAVE THE FEVER.... the...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
Sponsored Products
Buddy & Friends Towels Deep Linen Super Absorbent Towel 5217
$12.97 | Home Depot
Jeremiah Mini Japanese Fighting Fish - MULTI COLORS
$195.00 | Horchow
MTI MTSB-3636 Shower Base (36" x 36")
Modern Bathroom
River City Clocks 821-17 Bird Nest with Chicks Leaves & Birds Cuckoo Clock Multi
$545.30 | Hayneedle
Cristal de Lisbon Pendant by Uttermost
$525.80 | Lumens
Chelsea Brown and Blue Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$261.95 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™