Perfection

michaelalreadytakenMay 29, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn8tixOYiZ0&mode=related&search=

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn8tixOYiZ0&mode=related&search=

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania

Thanks Michael. I have enjoyed Alison since I picked up a concert CD last year. She does have a fantastic voice and is a great transition artist for those who don't appreciate country music. She sometimes appears at a small venue nearby. I have promised myself to see her next time.

Bookmark   May 29, 2007 at 8:13AM
michaelalreadytaken

She is wonderful, isn't she?

Apparently, James Taylor liked it too. That was a tribute to him earlier this month in Los Angeles and you can see him for one dark nanosecond at the very end.

I happened upon that track while I was looking for another one by her--If I Owned The World--which is a featured track on the compilation album, Lifted.

Good stuff.

MichaelAT

Bookmark   May 29, 2007 at 12:35PM
labrea_gw

I love her with singing Slumber My Darling from and album called Beautiful Dreamer Songs of Stephen Foster

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 2:14AM
ronda_in_carolina

The voice of an angel.

Although clip this isnt the best sound quality, I have always loved this song/pairing:

Here is a link that might be useful: How's the world treating you. . . .

Bookmark   May 30, 2007 at 7:25PM
michaelalreadytaken

Thanks Ronda! I didn't know she'd done anything with James Taylor. It is a good match.

MichaelAT

Bookmark   May 31, 2007 at 8:30PM
alisande(Zone 4b)

That was wonderful, thanks! I first heard her on the Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil soundtrack, and assumed she was a jazz singer I hadn't heard of before. She sang "This Time the Dream's On Me" and she did the best job! I wish she'd do an album of jazz standards sometime.

I have a song blog, and of all the performance videos I've posted, when I think of perfection, this one comes to mind first: "Crazy," sung by Diana Krall, Elvis Costello (her husband), and the song's composer, Willie Nelson. Here it is.

Bookmark   June 5, 2007 at 1:08PM
harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania

Thanks Alisande, that was great. Even rivals Patsy Cline. Didn't she record that in the early 60's? I didn't realize Willie was the author or that he was that old.

Bookmark   June 5, 2007 at 2:10PM
catkim(San Diego 10/24)

Thanks Michael and Ronda, Alison has the voice of an angel, love the videos. Love Jerry Douglas on the dobro, too, what a talent.

Bookmark   June 8, 2007 at 10:45PM
More Discussions
Help finding a miniature rose
So far I have decided to try Green Ice from Chamblees....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
pernnial blue and purple skyliner
OK, since you all were so helpful with your comments...
bart_2010
Counting the Days!
Generally it starts after Christmas with me, truthfully...
sara_ann-z6bok
What rose is this?!?
First photo is what I'm looking for answers to. I thought...
Selah Kleaning
I just gotta have it!
I don't know why I used to be satisfied with just a...
sara_ann-z6bok
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™