Looks like we're moving
We've been on the market for 9 months, then finally got a contract. We ended up deciding to sell after my dad died & my "mother" wouldn't sell us the house after she promised. I spent about 7 months looking for a new place, everything was expensive and what we were leaving was better then what I looked at. We decided to go farther south finding new construction.
We offered on a house someone else configured then backed out of because they didn't like the lot. We took out things and changed a few things, they accepted. House went up, saw the cabinets we picked were wrong, they pretty much said too bad, take it or leave it.
When the spring selling season started I'd staged closets with baskets, taken away my flowered stuff and dropped the price some. We've had 3 offers, one really low, then 2 at the same time, the 3rd we accepted & they backed out, then the 2nd (low offer) was asked if they still wanted it. They said yes, then ended up having the inspection, giving us their "demands" getting married, then going on their honeymoon for 2 weeks where no one could get a hold of them. Very stressful! We never said we would fix 3 things on the list but some how our agent took something my hubby said & told them we would :( Add to this mediation for my dad's estate, which was and is not pleasant. Still going back & forth with that.
Back in March I had a cyst burst, ended up in the ER, then at my gyn office. After having an abnormal pap and 2 tests that showed cysts I now need 2 biopsies. Those are on hold until I move as we did not have a firm closing date until Monday this week. GYN is not sure if it is cancer or not :(
So, I'm packing, getting ready to close on 2 houses Tuesday. We can either rent a truck to bring our mattresses or get a hotel room as there is no way the movers can unload us Tuesday with the late closing. My daughter is signed out of school as of yesterday (long story). She doesn't want to start her new school until September, so we'll see what happens.
So, we have hundreds of plants (trees, shrubs, roses, perennials) in pots. We are hoping that the new house will let us bring them down Monday, if they don't we don't know what we'll do. We have 4 vehicles and 3 drivers, renting a box truck for the plants will be 5 vehicles. Son is not taking off Tuesday as we'd rather he keep his Wednesday & Thursday days off.
btw, they went and landscaped our house :( 3 maple trees (told me I could put in ornamentals, now changed the story to I can't) and put in landscaping bushes. Not happy. I did see a neighbor with no landscaping so I will see if they want the plants, what do I need them for? lol Hopefully I don't have to cut the roses down too much to move them.
Here is a link that might be useful: new house