Good Morning all

pagan(8b)May 17, 2007

happy Thursday! Cloudy and muggy outside already - I have crossed my digits that we will get some rain. Got all my babies planted and mulched - now DH has to start the inevitable re-arranging that goes with every new purchase... after all, can't have Red Popcorn right next to Verdun - what will the neighbors think??!!(LOL, I slay moi!)

Latest 0n Max the silly Moo - When I was taking him for our morning drag, he got barked at by a big golden that was chained up in it's yard. Max was impervious until we were well past the dog, which seemed to enrage said dog cus it let loose one last spate of barks that hit home with Max and scared my boy silly! I had to carry the poor terrified chicken puppy several feet before he would walk again, and even then he kept looking over his shoulder at the golden in case it was coming after him...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pete41(9ab FL.)

Good morning Mrs. Pagan and Mr.Max.
Same old another day in paradise here.
Tomatoes are coming in bushels,now.Not really but its fun to have them.I have a blueberry bush,if that works here I might yank some roses and plant a bunch.

Bookmark   May 17, 2007 at 9:36AM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Good Morning! Just making travel arrangements here and hoping we get a rainy day, too. I may be out watering later.

Poor Max! I wonder what the golden said, lol!? Try not to 'baby' Max on things like that or you'll be carrying him a lot, though, lol. Better to go on like there's not a care in the world... picking him up to show him a rose, etc. maybe.

Gotta trick them or they'll train you [she says as her little guy refused to enter Petsmart for a spell after a Doberman told him the same thing that Golden said!]

Bookmark   May 17, 2007 at 12:16PM
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

Hi Pagan, Mere and Pete!
LOL, "morning drag"! I have been working with Freddy again on heeling. He is a big dog and if I have to hold him back on our whole walk, it makes my elbow hurt. He was trained, but got out of the habit. Now he is doing much better. Pete, I am only just now getting ready to plant tomatoes. You are so lucky to be eating them fresh.

I have to brag about our beautiful weather. We have had sunny days in the low 70's for a week now. The whole landscape around me is green with wonderful rhodies, roses and wildflowers blooming. It stays light until almost 9 and the sun is rising when I take my walk in the morning. Who says it always rains in Oregon? (pssst.....don't tell anyone!)
Kathy

Bookmark   May 17, 2007 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
Strawberry Hill
Hi everybody :) I'm thinking of buying Strawberry Hill....
rosecanadian
Roses and their offspring
I would like to learn more about roses that have reputations...
sara_ann-z6bok
Photo-Cl. Butterscotch
This is a test to see if I can post on Houzz. A favorite...
James_Shaw_San Francisco Bay Area
Does Anyone Grow Rina Hugo?
This is a new rose in my garden, and one I'd never...
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
Do you ever rearrange the rest of your life around roses?
Hi folks I obviously love growing and talking about...
nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™