Max the Silly Moo...

pagan(8b)May 3, 2007

ARGGHH!!! Is it morning already?? Awoke feeling stiff and sore this am - must have been all those dreams of dickhead that did me in. Max and I had a fun day yesterday - explored a bistro across the river that was dog-friendly. Red's Ice House - a shack built on a creek where the shrimp boats dock. Max was fascinated by the huge boats and the pelicans... he was given a doggie bone and a huge bucket of water to drink. Naturally, he was AFRAID to drink from the bucket cus every time he peeked into it there was another puppy peeking back at him and he would start barking and growling, much to the amusement of the other diners... finally got a small bowl for him and he slurped up the water greedily. Anyway, my shrimp was yummy and the sights were gloriuos - we shall return!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Ah, good morning... and my kind of day! I still haven't had shrimp even after giving them up for Lent.

BeeBee amuses folks at places like this, and he actually does a double-take if children walk by him without stopping to pet the doggy. Ham that he is!

My favorite was sitting by an Alzheimer's patient with her nurse, and it made her day to pet him and see his reactions in his big brown eyes.

He's lucky to have been born very expressive, with those eyes. I swear I'm going to take him to nursing homes, etc as soon as my back gets a little better or I get less busy.

He's a very portable little dude, so it's not like it isn't easy enough to let him have his outings, too, lol.

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 9:57AM
carla17(Z7 NC)

I love Red's!! Isn't that where they serve food in frisbees?

Carla

Bookmark   May 3, 2007 at 5:04PM
pagan(8b)

If they did I didn't notice, but it wouldn't surprise me! I only had an appetizer and it was served on... something. I'm afraid I only had eyes for the shrimp!! We'll check it out next time you come to town!

Max and Beebee sound like they would make a great pair!! Max is very well convinced of his charm and appeal in all situations!!

Bookmark   May 4, 2007 at 7:51AM
More Discussions
Looking forward to SPRING FLUSH!
The past couple of weeks my rose bushes have begun...
sara_ann-z6bok
Iceberg vs. Pope John Paul II
I am considering placing white roses near the entry...
Desertgarden- Las Vegas, Z8b @ 2800 ft.
NEVER plant a wisteria and kill it when it starts growing!
Our local electric co-op just came out and took down...
particentral
For Love of Roses
I received my order today from For Love of Roses. ...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Reine de Violettes
I dug it up and moved it two years ago. It was own...
deervssteve
Sponsored Products
MLFL14LED50 MaxLite LED MaxLED Flood Light, 14 Watts Bronze
EnvironmentalLights.com
Woodbridge Lighting Beaconsfield 5-light Satin Nickel Chandelier
Overstock.com
Robert Abbey Max Deep Patina Bronze Modern Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Zuo Cassius Ceiling Lamp Aluminum
ModernistLighting.com
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Catalina Black Umbrella Table Outdoor La
Home Depot
Worx Semi-Automatic Driver
$69.50 | FRONTGATE
Modern Bathroom 8 Round Stainless Steel Shower Head Without Arm
Hudson Reed
Max Single Bath Light
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™