Hello everyone

vjcamp(Z7 Euless, TX)May 23, 2007

It has been awhile since I logged in to Gardenweb. Perhaps, once after Katrina. I am well settle in DFW Area and staring to get back to gardening. Are there any other New Orleanians around? or even some that are back HOME? I really never wanted to be " from somewhere else" ( besides New Orleans ) but I think I will stay here, I am tired of running from hurricanes. We have had a good supply of rain lately and my roses are doing well- I just don't know their names-they were left here by the former owners and looked like they were 'goners" when I first bought the house. I saved two of my roses Golden Masterpiece and another which I am trying to identify ( on the Antique Rose site), I recognize some names, especially from the postcard/letter exchange we did about two years ago.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla17(Z7 NC)

Hello. I am sorry to hear about your house but am glad you are happy where you are. Chamblee's is just a phone call away and they have some great roses.

Carla

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 9:19PM
pete41(9ab FL.)

Hi-we were told we could be hit by several on the east coast of florida-if I have another year like ``04''[3canes and a double triple bypass]i'm out of here one way or the other.Might move to N.C.-lol
But we don't worry until the weatherman says its coming up I-4.
Hope you stay with us on talk side-we need more input.
Good luck.

Bookmark   May 23, 2007 at 9:38PM
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

Glad to have you back, and still growing roses. I remember you from the card exchange. Welcome!
Kathy

Bookmark   May 24, 2007 at 11:58AM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Hello, hello! Good to see you! I remember you from the card exchanges, too!

My prayers still go out to anyone affected by Katrina. Texas is great, though! I'm glad you like the area. No-name roses work for me, lol. LMK if you'd like cuttings of various others.

It must be so hard to be away from the place you love... hey, that's what visits are for, though. Do you still have relatives and friends in NO?

NC isn't the best place to run from hurricanes, lol, pete. Depends on where you are, but the coast is out, then, and our weather inland even gets affected with winds and tornados when they make their way on through. Ice storms in winter - things need to be sturdy here, lol. It's a gorgeous and friendly place, though :)

Bookmark   May 24, 2007 at 2:59PM
carla17(Z7 NC)

Are we talking about Christmas card or spring cards. I did not participate in spring cards.

Carla

Bookmark   May 24, 2007 at 7:03PM
vjcamp(Z7 Euless, TX)

I think it was Spring Cards, about 2 years ago?

Bookmark   May 25, 2007 at 11:18AM
mjsee(Zone 7b, NC)

Pete--I think you'd like NC--but your roses won't get QUITE as big. And we DO get the occasional hurricane...even inland. (Ask someone from Raleigh or Chapel Hill about Fran...no power for DAYS...and the mountains had a bad one year before last...went up through Charlotte...Asheville got flooded something fierce.)

vjcamp--welcome back!

melanie

Bookmark   May 26, 2007 at 8:16AM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

I think it was spring cards, too. I was way late on mine... sorry:)

Hugo got us bad in the Triad, Mel and tornadoes from the Asheville one. But the longest power outage was still from the tornados of 88 or '89... 10 days sans power.

Here's what escaping hurricanes in NC looks like ;]

Bookmark   May 26, 2007 at 9:12AM
More Discussions
English roses for coastal CA, zone 10?
Hello everyone, Spring is almost here and I'm dreaming...
paola_b
Counting the Days!
Generally it starts after Christmas with me, truthfully...
sara_ann-z6bok
Westerland
Westerland is a newer rose and in my opinion, a better...
lynnette
When a seller has the wrong picture, etc.
One rather large plant catalog with lots of pictures...
stillanntn6b
Climbing, spreading, purple roses?
Although I don't consider myself a rose aficionado,...
ilovegardening
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™