Quote Sunday, November twenty-seven

lilosophieNovember 27, 2011

How old to you have to get before wisdom descends like a plastic bag over your head and you learn to keep your big mouth shut? Maybe never. Maybe you get more frivolous with age.

Margaret Atwood

The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been.

Madelaine L'Engle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
oscarthecat(z7MD)

I am now 82 and think I am just now learning to keep my mouth shut at appropriate times.

Surprised at how many of my friends have no memory of entire segments of their life, Steve in Baltimore County.

Bookmark   November 27, 2011 at 7:10AM
mawheel

Oh, Steve, I'm 79 and am finding that I say more, more often, than I should! But what the heck? There have to be some advantages to the "Golden Years".

I'm also finding that though I may not lose all the other ages I've been, I'm not remembering them as well as I should--or maybe it's just that I'm choosing not to remember?

Great quotes, Lilo

Bookmark   November 27, 2011 at 3:56PM
west_gardener

I really like the second quote. I may not remember the precise year or my exact age, but I can recall the general age.
What comes to mind is when our DD and our grandson (age 5) visited this week. We went to the local park and our grandson slid down the "big slide" for the first time. He was so proud and happy, and I remember how I felt the first time I slid down the "big slide".
Re the first quote, Lol, when it comes to keeping my mouth shut because I'm of a certain age, no such thing here.

Bookmark   November 27, 2011 at 7:27PM
More Discussions
Quotes 3 - 29 - 15
Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness....
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 18 - 15
Understand where it is you want to go. Then picture...
don_socal
Quotes 3 - 16 - 15
True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about...
don_socal
Rain!!!
Rain, gentle, steady rain - all night long and maybe...
lilosophie
Weather, it's still winter
and we are having a heat wave , temps from 70-80 degrees;...
west_gardener2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™