koi pond pump

retired2008April 29, 2013

Have a 3,000 gallon pond, water, gravity flows, through 6 inch pvc pipe from bottom drain, to settling tank (500 gal), also have two skimmer to pump. External pump, installed outside settling tank, (2.5ft below settling tank and pond level) water flow from settling tank to pump through 2 inch pvc pipe(about 3ft from settling tank to pump intake). From pump outlet waters is pumped through 2 inch pvc pipe about 14ft to bio-filter/waterfall. Wanting to install new pump, (old pump will not move enough water, approx 2,000gal/hr) for more flow at waterfall, also plan to install a ultraviolet light. Have been looking at two pumps, the Hydro Centrimax pump and the Artesian/performance pro. Thinking a 220volt pump will run cooler and cheaper.
Need help with size pump needed and opinions on which pump the best for my application. All thoughts and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J(z7bc)

Don't have any suggestions...just was hoping for a picture of this pond to drool over! ;-)

Bookmark   April 30, 2013 at 4:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joe_09(z7 ny)

i have been running that pump for 12 yrs.i have a 4x8 ft. filter and settling chamber before the pump,and my water is gin clear.that pump will pump 4900 gal/hr 9 1/2 ft. high with out loosing any pressure.

Bookmark   May 5, 2013 at 9:30AM
More Discussions
Free mosquito fish (Gambusia) in FL?
Does any one know if you can get free mosquito fish(Gambusia)...
novembergrl
New container water garden/fish pond
Hi everyone! We have wanted to create a water garden/fish...
Houndmom
Dressing and coping a formal pond
Is there any general advice for how to dress the interior...
ysrgrathe PA 6b
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™