Ht's $3.95 looking buyable

pete41(9ab FL.)June 10, 2007

They looked pretty good but since I was at the midpoint of my weekly Sunday ten mile walk I settled for a large,fresh,really tasty donut and a can of pop.

Grand total= 75cents.

Was I in a time warp?nope Walmart.

If I had gone the northern route I could have had free coffee at Publix but they charge 65cents for their donuts.

That's a rip-off,they ought to be ashamed of their money grubbing selves.Why I can remember when donuts were 60cents a dozen and they were bigger than the ones you get now.etc.etc.etc. ad infinitum,ad nauseam.Okay I am one of them.lol

Getting back to the roses I have found the low end generics do every bit as well as their far more costly relatives.Sorta like junkyard dogs.Bred to be tough.

Now I am mad, that stuck up,arrogant midget inside my spell check pretended he doesn't recognize Walmart.Everyone knows them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pete41(9ab FL.)

down

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 11:01AM
AnneCecilia z5 MI

No, no - wait!! I'm still giggling over "that stuck up,arrogant midget inside my spell check." :-)

AC

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 12:39PM
dublinbay z6 (KS)

I've bought only one rose from Walmart--Elle--and she is beautiful and healthy. In fact, that's why I bought her. I was walking by all the pathetic victims of Walmarts concrete parking lot/greenhouse, and there was one rose standing up healthy and blooming. I figured it she could thrive in that environment, she had to be a winner in my garden where she would actually get water and food!

It's up to the buyer to pick the good ones instead of hoping that a dead-looking bundle of twigs will somehow undergo a transfiguration in the home garden.

Wish you hadn't mentioned doughnuts. I got a sweet tooth and just remembered there may be one left in the kitchen. 'Cuse me while I go check.

Kate

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 1:31PM
More Discussions
Awesome Climber
This is a very popular spot to take photos in the San...
FriendsSJRoseGarden
Which William Shakespeare Do I Have? Can WS be grown as climber?
I'm not sure which WS (Austin) I have and am wondering...
cjrosaphile
Strawberry Hill
Hi everybody :) I'm thinking of buying Strawberry Hill....
rosecanadian
Roses and their offspring
I would like to learn more about roses that have reputations...
sara_ann-z6bok
Simplicity-Even a bad rose sometimes can be good
Simplicity is overall a rose best skipped. But it has...
Kippy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™