Quote, 11/24/13

anneliese_32(6)November 24, 2013

"Have you ever seen the dawn? Not a dawn groggy with the lack of sleep or hectic with mindless obligations and you about to rush off on an early adventure or business, but full of deep silence and absolute clarity of perception? A dawning which you truly observe, degree by degree. It is the most amazing moment of the birth. And more than anything it can spur you to action. Have a burning day."
Vera Mazarian "The Perpetual Calender of Inspiration".

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lilosophie

Lovely quote!
Thinking of camping in the desert, dawn breaking, lighting up the barren hills with multicolors, small creatures scurrying about to their shady lairs, there is much life there in that moment

Bookmark   November 24, 2013 at 9:18AM
west_gardener

Very nice quote. Right down my neighborhood.
Some years ago, I got up before dawn and took photos of the sunrise from my front porch. I saw the "pink" hue and hustled to get the photo, before the light turned on in the houses.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunrise

Bookmark   November 24, 2013 at 6:44PM
mawheel

Early this morning, around seven a.m., as I went to get our paper, the Eastern sky was streaked with jet trails and streams of clouds--all lovely shades of pink. What a gift for anyone outside to see it--even if the temperature was 17 degrees!

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 4:01PM
west_gardener

Have you ever noticed how quiet it is just before dawn? It is as if for a moment the world stands still. Then there is a new beginning.

Bookmark   November 25, 2013 at 6:08PM
More Discussions
Quotes 2 - 23 - 15
Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. Albert...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 27 - 15
Grief can be the garden of compassion. If you keep...
don_socal
Quotes 2 - 28 - 15
When you get into a tight place and everything goes...
don_socal
arturo_barrera
Quotes 3 - 2 - 15
I was so naive as a kid I used to sneak behind the...
don_socal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™