Festival Dancers Walk around

labrea_gwJune 9, 2007

I just was going to go to the farmers market for some geraniums and I never leave without a camera and jackpot one of my favorite Festivals was happening in Washington Square Park. The Hare Krishna Festival floats dancing music color color color,,,,further up in Union Square Park some brake dancers, a jazz piano in an Italian restaurant you know my usual Saturday outing. Yes the man is balanced on his head ouuuuuuch just for a few seconds but stilll thats pavement! I hope you enjoy the color of the rest of the shots on the link at the end!

Here is a link that might be useful: Krishna Festival and Walk About

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pagan(8b)

great pix! And what a cool cross-section of humanity. NYC is high on my list of places to see, hopefully within the next year or 2...

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 9:12AM
youngquinn_gw

What a great photographic essay Joe. and what a great place to live with all that happening almost on your front door. Thanks for bringing New York to us.

Bookmark   June 10, 2007 at 8:21PM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

Ah, at work with a good connection I can finally look at these great pictures! Thank you, Joe. The colors fascinate me.

That kid is the cutest thing, lol.

It must be wonderful to have SO much going on from so many cultures. I'd love that.

Bookmark   June 13, 2007 at 11:45AM
barb_in_dc(z7 DC)

Fabulous pics, Joe (so what else is new?)! I'm going to be in NYC for the weekend in a couple of weeks. Can't wait.

Bookmark   June 13, 2007 at 3:53PM
darbardi

These are wonderful. Musical child is so the soul of NYC. The krishnas. Why do I think I remember them wearing only white, or maybe goldish garments. Now they seem to be giving you these total eyeball freak colorful be-ins to shoot. Lucky us. You were there. Thanks. Ha...

Bookmark   June 14, 2007 at 1:16PM
More Discussions
Does Anyone Grow Rina Hugo?
This is a new rose in my garden, and one I'd never...
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
Photo-Cl. Butterscotch
This is a test to see if I can post on Houzz. A favorite...
James_Shaw_San Francisco Bay Area
threads are not sorted from most recent to least
This sucks. I've got the threads under Lastest Activity...
rosecanadian
vigorosa roses
As I continue my research on roses that will work in...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Julia Child for Pacific Northwest garden
I am on Vancouver Island and would love to add Julia...
Blueisland BC Pacific NW-Z8
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™