Welcome Home, Hostages - free men

sammy zone 7 TulsaJuly 3, 2008

I remember watching an interview of these men years ago. For awhile I heard about them, then nothing. I did not know how to do a search for them, but have hoped for years that they would be rescued.

Five years is a long time to be held hostage. I am so glad that they are home now. I wish the very best to them and to all the others who were rescued - especially the Colombian woman who was running for the presidency.

Sammy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

I'm impressed with the Colombian government and military who successfully rescued these hostages. Apparently approximately 700 people are being held hostage, an appalling fact. Hopefully more of them will be rescued also. My heart goes out to the families of these people; the waiting and uncertainty must be excruciating.

Ingrid

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 12:35PM
kittymoonbeam

I had a friend in school who escaped with her parents from Iran, but her brother could not escape with them and is still there. It is very sad. How I wish it could be peaceful there. They say Persia was once one of the most beautiful places on earth. I was told that Baghdad means rose garden and I wish it could be a place of beauty and happiness again. I am glad the hostages are free to be with their loved ones. Peace and Roses to all! Kitty

Bookmark   July 5, 2008 at 6:33PM
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

What an amazing rescue-------I'm happy for the families and the men.
I always loved the name "Persia"----as a little girl I remember Persian rugs and it is such a nice word to say.----I never knew Baghdad meant rose garden.

Florence

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 10:34AM
rose_nutty(z4b)

I just bought a boxed "Welcome Home" J&P rose from my local nursery - they had them under a shade cloth canopy and they look quite nice. I couldn't resist, given the release of the hostages.

Bookmark   July 9, 2008 at 10:01PM
sammy zone 7 Tulsa

I think I have taped Ingrid's interview with Larry King, and am looking forward to watching it. I saw part of an interview with the three men, and was again struck with the horror of what happened to them. And there are at least 700 more!

I wish the best for all these people and their families. (I will not go on and on here on this post, but my heart is not forgetting others who are also suffering.)

Sammy

Bookmark   July 13, 2008 at 4:01PM
More Discussions
Old Rose Seminar, May 2, 2015 San Juan Bautista, CA
By tomorrow, I hope to have this up on the Heritage...
jerijen
Simplicity-Even a bad rose sometimes can be good
Simplicity is overall a rose best skipped. But it has...
Kippy
What's wrong with my rose bush?
Can anyone please shed some light on what's wrong with...
alyong
Awesome Climber
This is a very popular spot to take photos in the San...
FriendsSJRoseGarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™