Im so jealous....

cajunrosegal(10 south florida)July 26, 2007

everyone has beautiful roses growing and I dont have one...

:o(

Im going to get me some pots and plant me some, I cant stand it but I dont know if its to late in the season to plant anything in pots but then again Im in South Florida...anyone got any suggestions?

Angela

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pete41(9ab FL.)

You are in Florida.Plant away ,plant away 365 .Best time to plant here is November and Dec. which gives them a chance to settle in before the heat.If you do plant now in containers be sure and let them harden off for a week before putting in sun.
If you use a commercial potting mix such as Scott's or any other you get at box stores,take the time to knead the mix with water and get every bit in contact with water.Trust me on that.
You ought to post on rose discussion.Not much happening here.
Go to Walmart and/or K-mart and look for some $5 jobbies.They do fine here as Rmv isn't a factor.Course if you intend to plant later,in-ground you will need to see if Fortuniana is needed in your area.

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 6:55PM
taureau

Cousine, plant away chere, but remember they're in pots, they will need to be watered frequently. Bonne chance T

Bookmark   July 26, 2007 at 8:21PM
pagan(8b)

I do much better with roses in the ground then in pots. In pots, they have to be watered every 5 minutes here in Charleston cus it gets so bloody hot. Throw some moisture crystals in the hole and plant away!! You'll have to water them til they get established, but after that they'll be fine!

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 7:14AM
More Discussions
Is "horticultural oil" just mineral oil?
I've been reading about it and am confused. I know...
nonconformist_nymphette
Roses from highcountry roses - really disappointed
I received my roses from highcountryroses today. It...
bluehaven_gweb
Old Rose Seminar, May 2, 2015 San Juan Bautista, CA
By tomorrow, I hope to have this up on the Heritage...
jerijen
Strawberry Hill
Hi everybody :) I'm thinking of buying Strawberry Hill....
rosecanadian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™