I lost a good friend

carla17(Z7 NC)August 27, 2007

I just want to talk to someone today. Due to many complications, I lost a good friend during the family deaths. Not one of the deceased ones, it's someone else.

I've always heard that suicide is a selfish way and it is. It is the worst thing you can do to loved ones and friends. I don't think our friendship will ever recover.

I always get lonely when school starts too. Don't have my daughter at home with me. I'm going to have to seriously find a niche for myself.

A relationship is like fine china. Once broken, though repaired, it can never be the same.

Carla

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

I'm sorry to hear this------It is always difficult to lose treasured friends---

I know what you mean about the children leaving for school---I was never happy in Sept.---Some mothers seem to rejoice when the kids go back to school----Not me--I missed them.

I hope you can find something to help you fill the days---

Florence

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 9:20AM
carla17(Z7 NC)

Thank you Florence. You have a heart of gold.

Carla

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 9:42AM
rose_nutty(z4b)

I, too, recently lost a good friend. She got angry over something that I did that was a total misunderstanding on her part. I think we will repair the friendship, but like you said it will never be the same. I will always be guarded with her now where I wasn't in the least little bit before. I feel your pain and I'm so sorry.

Like both you and Florence, I, too, am always sad when the kids go back. We have such fun together in the summer. I'm never ready to let them go back to school.

Hang in there, kiddo. Time will help dull the many pains that you are now dealing with.

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 9:46AM
carla17(Z7 NC)

Rosenutty, how old are your children?
I know I should know you if you've been on here very long. Please forgive me. When everyone changed to the desert and changed names, I had a difficult time knowing who's who. It seems to continue now.
It doesn't help to have your mind crowded either. LOL

Carla

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 9:54AM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

Carla, I'm so sorry this has happened just when you need your friends the most. I'm emailing you this morning....

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 12:40PM
rose_nutty(z4b)

I've been around for several years, but really don't post much. I've never left to go to the desert - I enjoy this forum very much, even with all it's struggles from time to time. I check in several times a day, mostly just absorbing all the knowledge. I have 4 girls - a junior in high school, twins that are in 6th grade, and a 3rd grader. We went from a small country school to a school in town this year when they closed down our school, so it was harder than ever to let them go. They are doing fine, however; it seems to be Mom who's having a tough time with the adjustment. :0( In time, I'll be okay, too.

Bookmark   August 27, 2007 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
Climbing, spreading, purple roses?
Although I don't consider myself a rose aficionado,...
ilovegardening
Have roses, need someone with shovel to take them home...
After the last garden move, I swore it wouldn't happen...
roseseek
What rose is this?!?
First photo is what I'm looking for answers to. I thought...
Selah Kleaning
Photos won't post
I was able to post a photo from my computer last week....
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
Can you message me or anyone else?????
I made sure to check, "allow users to message...
jasminerose4u, California
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™