Three days in the Poconos !!

zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)August 14, 2008

We haven't had a vacation in a long time----too many surgeries ---too much pain---etc.

My DH's brother and his family of 17 rented a huge house on a lake in the mtns'-----The family used to have a place in the Poconos but sold it after all the families jobs took them too far away to enjoy it---

So it was a real treat to get back in the mtns--the house was right on the lake and I was looking forward to a nice swim but it was too cold--

I grew up on a lake and this lake brought back many happy childhood memories-----I still miss the lake and wish I still lived there---really wanted to raise my children there but my family lost the old homestead during the Depression---(so sad)

But we did have a nice mini vacation --Of course I ate too much---LOL

The good part was---I was free of pain---I would say the Epidural is about 80% effective----so far so good---still intermittent pain but nothing like it was.

Hope everyone is enjoying the summer----

Florence

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirt_yfingernails(z3-4 MN)

Sounds like a great time. I am so glad you are having some pain relief and can enjoy yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 10:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

Florence, that's wonderful news! Sometimes just a couple of nights away can put a new perspective on things, even if just to make you appreciate home more :)

I'm really happy for you, you deserved a break. I hope this epidural continues to resolve some of the problems!

Bookmark   August 15, 2008 at 11:47PM
More Discussions
am I too impatient w already-leaved bareroot in container?
hello! My bareroot had already leaved out quite nicely...
Need2SeeGreen
Roses that you miss
I have a few roses I have lost over the last 10 years....
kingcobbtx9b
Does Anyone Grow Rina Hugo?
This is a new rose in my garden, and one I'd never...
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
Questions about Blaze climbing rose
Hello. I am thinking of putting a Blaze climbing rose...
suz9601
To Pascali or not?
I'm contemplating planting a hedge of roses and my...
kublakan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™