Hanging from an automobile mirror....

anntn6b(z6b TN)September 16, 2008

I don't really like the smells of air fresheners. But I have seen a lot of green Christmas tree shaped pine scented things hanging from the rear view mirrors in cars.

OK, pine isn't terrible (but in Houston, the Christmas stores used to fill with faux pine scent from Thanksgiving onwards..to try to give Christmas spirit when the temps were still 80s.

Today, I saw a different air freshener, a cartoon of a grinning dog and his bone.

Any guesses as to what scent (other than dog breath) that might represent?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carla17(Z7 NC)

Ann, I find so many of the scents overpowering. Yankee Candle has a couple things for the car. I never hung anything from my mirror though. It hangs on the gear change. Oh, dog breath, I get enough of that without a hanger.

Carla

Bookmark   September 17, 2008 at 9:13AM
darbardi

well, I am waiting for you to gross us out with this unique scent for the (who)?

Bookmark   September 22, 2008 at 8:19PM
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23

Beef?

Bookmark   September 24, 2008 at 5:26PM
jody(7b - NC)

I can't imagine. A dog and a bone. Maybe the fresh scent of Greenies (dog breath freshners).

I like the Yankee Candle things but they are too overpowering (especially when new) when hung from the mirror and warmed by the heat through the glass. I put them in my console until they've aged a bit. I still get the nice rose smell, but it doesn't knock you backwards when you open the truck door.

Bookmark   October 18, 2008 at 8:53AM
iowa_jade(C 5b H 6)

I have a Katana key chain thingy on my rear view mirror.

My nose is too sensitive to abide those "room freshener" type things; even scented candles.

My co-workers know to spray well before or after I leave, if they want to use that stuff.

I like natural smells like fresh sweat. My cat 'Hoser' did also, and liked to nap on my double weight Keikogi. Keikogis get very soft if you do not wash them. They are cleansed by copious amounts of fresh sweat pouring through the rather open weave of the heavy fabric. Wash them, and they are stiff as boards. DW & I used to 'discuss' this at length. I see there are WASHING DIRECTIONS on e-Kendo.com, but we would have missed all those good arguments.

Here is a link that might be useful: Washing directions a little late.

Bookmark   October 22, 2008 at 10:51AM
More Discussions
pernnial blue and purple skyliner
OK, since you all were so helpful with your comments...
bart_2010
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses
Can you please post pictures of your roses from chambleeroses...
bluehaven_gweb
Anyone grow Coretta Scott king?
I've always liked the look of this rose, but after...
SoFL Rose z10
Pruning vigorous HTS in soCal
Hi, Usually a 'lurker' on the forum. I am a gardener...
raingreen
Counting the Days!
Generally it starts after Christmas with me, truthfully...
sara_ann-z6bok
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™