Pondless Stream

irwinfletcherApril 1, 2014

Hi everyone. In a bit of a quandary. We are building a stream in our backyard that is 45 ft long, 3 feet wide. We dug our reservoir 5ft long and wide by 3.5 feet deep. Just realized I would need about 45 aqua blog which would be a setback of 2400 or so. I have bee. Told to use French drains or the 3 in PVC pipe that has holes in it. Another idea was getting some milk crates but the good quality ones that I find when I search the web. My concern is the milk crates and stability. As they don't hold a candle to the aqua blox. Does anyone have any input on either of much options or have advise on what is a good alternative? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chas045(7b)

I have no experience with Pondless, but I am a big fan of my stream. I would expect others to want to know a couple basic questions that you didn't cover. Are you looking for 'raging waters' or are you after a gentle natural stream? What do you have against a pond? You are taking up a similar space for your resevour. What is going over that area since it is not a pond? Do you already have a pump; size?

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 8:41AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
irwinfletcher

We actually have a pond as well. This is separate from the pond. We are looks for gentle roll. I don't have the pump size handy but my local pond store sized it for our needs. Over the reservoir would be rocks and probably a decorative piece (statue or something). The concern is people walking on it. Aqua bloc can hold the weight but I don't want to spend that kind of money. I don't want to fill with boulders or large rocks as we would lose the water space. The reservoir is completely separate from the pond. Does that help?

Bookmark   April 2, 2014 at 1:30PM
More Discussions
Tree stump for decoration???
Hello all, I need information about my new 2,800 gallon...
izolah76
How To Get Rid of Pond Vegetation
I had a small pond deepened and it is great except...
alameda/zone 8
Water chestnuts and Arrowhead (Saggitaria) from grocery store?
I also bought these at the grocery store to try for...
fireweed22
Herron attack
Just want to vent. The day before Christmas I went...
Mike56
Tropical marginals dormancy
Two months ago I planted an Umbrella Palm and a Papyrus...
thepondfather
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™