happyhappybackonlinedance!!!

pagan(8b)October 17, 2007

GREETINGS GARDENWEB!!!! I HAVE RETURNED!!!! Doing the happy dance here! Our computer bit the big one whilst we were gone - did the same thing LAST time we left too - so had to send it off to get fixed. We JUST got it back, along with a note informing us there was a T-REX in the works!! NOW we know what happened to the dinosaurs!!

Anyway, home again, 3 weeks post surgery, so far so good. Am completely off Darvocet (first time since last October - withdrawal sucks, BTW) and taking Ultram for pain - but not that much pain left!! I still have some swelling in my neck and am still not as active as I want to be, but I am gaining on it. Every week I can do more than I could the previous week.

Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts. I missed the heck out of ya'll!

Hope Florence is doing well. And everybody else, for that matter!

XOXOXOXOX

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dirt_yfingernails(z3-4 MN)

Hi Pagan! Good to have you back. Keep on healing.

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 10:36AM
pete41(9ab FL.)

Morning Madame.

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 10:40AM
anntn6b(z6b TN)

It's so good to hear you're home and mending well.
You had me really worried when we didn't hear for such a long time.
I don't know much about meds, but it sounds as if that horizon is looking better as well.
Ann

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 10:42AM
meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation

PAAAAGAAAN :) So good to see you! Hey, Ultram is my favorite poison :) Withdrawal is not so bad from that, BTW so you should be good from here on out on that score! Watch the dosage/seizure threshold thingy is an important reminder tho because it's a tad unusual and scaryish if one isn't careful.

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well :) Man, you should have seen me crossing everything all this time... I'm very sore you know :)

Take care!

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 11:28AM
mjsee(Zone 7b, NC)

Pagan--I'm glad to see you again. Happy to hear you are healing!

melanie

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 1:10PM
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

Hi Pagan, so glad to see you online again and recovering from your surgery. Keep up the good healing! We missed you here.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 2:37PM
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Welcome back, Pagan. You had us wondering--so long since we had heard from you. Thanks for the update and glad to hear you are feeling better and quite optimistic about the future.

Take care,
Kate

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 5:50PM
carla17(Z7 NC)

Happy for you. Now I can e-mail you! Did you read the post where I said I spoke to you. Good to see you back!

Carla

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 6:22PM
pagan(8b)

thanks ALL! I missed the heck out of chatting with everybody... I am far too glad to be back online - computer withdrawal is worse then drug withdrawal!!

Haven't been out to the garden to check the status yet, beyond a quick cursory glance at everybody. Max the Moo peed on a couple of plants to let them know the Lord and Master has returned... Looks like I have lost darn near ALL the plants I ordered from ARE last spring, which is a tad annoying. I spoke to them about it and they will make it right, even though I am outside of the guarantee time period. I planted lots of plants from RU and Ashdown at the same time and only lost 1 of them, so I think it reflects more on the plants then the practice... having a good fall flush otherwise though!

Bookmark   October 18, 2007 at 7:58AM
cajunrosegal(10 south florida)

Welcome back sweety! Glad to see that familiar "type" hope you get better soon! Your rosey faces will be glad to see you!
Hugs and kisses!
Angela

Bookmark   October 18, 2007 at 9:55AM
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

Pagan-----I'm so happy to see you back and feeling well---

I'm doing OK but still using Darvocet-------It seems the older you get the longer it takes to heal plus our emotional upset with SIL leaving DD while she was here during my surgery-- ( it was so sneaky)

I think that upset kind of set back recovery a bit--(at least that is what all the Dr. say)-----

but I am up and walking using a cane.

Please--- Please stay away from all store displays----
that had to be the scariest thing in the world---

I'm almost paranoid about anyone or anything bumping my hip-----

It is great to see you back-----

Fondly, Florence--

Bookmark   October 18, 2007 at 10:06AM
labrea_gw

Welcome back hope you can be free of pain soon!

Bookmark   October 18, 2007 at 11:59PM
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

Joe ---I love your waterlilly pictures------make me remember wonderful days on the lake where I grew up----

I had an old rowboat and it was refreshing to reach into the cool water on a hot summer day and pick a waterlilly

thanks for another nice memory--

Florence

Bookmark   October 19, 2007 at 10:01AM
theroselvr

Glad to read that both of you are doing good! I'm looking at 5 days in the hospital Nov 26th IIRC to go in a clinical trial using med pumps. This will be a band aide until I can get the rods out of my back once we are settled in the new house.

Our computer bit the big one whilst we were gone - did the same thing LAST time we left too - so had to send it off to get fixed.

I wonder if there is something going around? I had 3 computers go down, 2 so far are back online, but the hard drives had to be reformatted with windows reloaded. For some reason the master boot record is corrupt.

Bookmark   October 20, 2007 at 8:33AM
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

Roselvr----Please keep us posted about this clinical trial------and good luck !!!!!

Florence

Bookmark   October 20, 2007 at 6:47PM
onewheeler(Z5 N.S.)

Welcome back Pagan, glad to read you are healing.

valerie

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
double yellow Lady Banksia
I was wondering if anyone had much experience with...
kaesgarden
Any hope for my "One Cane Wonder" Firefighter?
Is there any hope that a "One Cane Wonder"...
sara_ann-z6bok
Help, something eating the tips of my rose buds
Help. I don't have a camera, so I will try to describe...
nickjoseph
Looking forward to SPRING FLUSH!
The past couple of weeks my rose bushes have begun...
sara_ann-z6bok
For those looking for Poseidon/Novalis
Heirloom Roses has it! I was so excited when I saw...
Rosecandy VA, zone 7
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™