ipod question

andrewlina(Z5)October 16, 2007

What are the differences in an IPOD and an IPOD NANO? Features? Prices? My daughter wants one for Christmas,BUT not the "small" one she says. That does me no good! HELP!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
orchids2000(7b)

The main difference between the nano and classic is the amount of info it can hold and the size of the unit.
nano
Classic
The flea

Bookmark   October 16, 2007 at 11:33AM
carla17(Z7 NC)

Have you seen the new Ipods with the screen? I love my nano!

Carla

Bookmark   October 16, 2007 at 3:20PM
orchids2000(7b)

One last link that does a good job of side by side comparision...ipod compare

Bookmark   October 16, 2007 at 4:16PM
athenainwi

She might mean that she doesn't want the iPod Shuffle. That's the cheapest one, but it doesn't do much outside of shuffling everything on it. Ask her how much memory (or how many songs) she wants on it. Both nano and classic do videos now. You can pay extra for the touch screen on the iPod Touch but I don't think it is worth it. Most people will be happy with the Nano which I think stores about 1000 songs now. My husband needs a Classic because he has a huge music collection. I want an iPhone because I hate my phone and like the idea of having internet access, phone, and music all in one little box. Too bad it is still awfully expensive. If you work for a university that has a deal with Apple for their computers you can get iPods for cheaper than retail.

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 12:29PM
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

I got mine at Costco for about $50 less than retail. I have the 30Gig w/video and just love it. It's the best toy I ever got for myself. My son has the old style Nano which holds 500 songs which is all he needs.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 12:54PM
andrewlina(Z5)

Thanks orchid,the side by side comparison did the trick. Yes I only wanted music. I will Costco too! Thanks for all the info

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 1:59PM
More Discussions
Awesome Climber
This is a very popular spot to take photos in the San...
FriendsSJRoseGarden
Rainbow Happy Trails
My local nursery has a rose named Rainbow Happy Trails....
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
vigorosa roses
As I continue my research on roses that will work in...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
Roses from highcountry roses - really disappointed
I received my roses from highcountryroses today. It...
bluehaven_gweb
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™