the birds and the bees

andrewlina(Z5)October 16, 2007

My 11 year old was "physically" a woman last year. She knew enough about puberty that this would happen to her and she handled(s) it like a pro! BUT,there needs to come the talk about conception,birth control and so on.I told her I needed to talk to her about this, and she said she would rather read about it on her own. She is quite shy about those things. Can anyone recommend a great book that discusses these things & is easy to understand for someone her age? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

They have great books on the subject at any good bookstore. I suggest you go and take a look and pick out one that meets your criteria for details. I bought a good book for my son, and he just told me that it really helped all through is growing up (he is 18 now). Good luck with this!
Kathy

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 2:40PM
mjsee(Zone 7b, NC)

"It's Perfectly Normal" is supposed to be a pretty good one...Chinaberry has it.

When she's older... you can't beat the info in "Our Bodies, Ourselves."

melanie

Here is a link that might be useful: It's Perfectly Normal

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 4:08PM
andrewlina(Z5)

Hey thanks Melanie! That book does look wonderful! I know the book "Our bodies,ourselves" is an awesome book,even for me,and I am 44! Thanks for the suggestions Melanie & Kathy! Julie

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 1:33PM
bettym_grow

Hi Kathy,

There's one entitled "A Chicken's Guide to Talking Turkey with your Kids about Sex" by Dr. Kevin Leman & Kathy Flores Bell.

If you go on to the Focus on the Family site and check out the resources section you can take a look at the table of contents of this book.

Good luck:)

Betty

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 3:06PM
More Discussions
Simplicity-Even a bad rose sometimes can be good
Simplicity is overall a rose best skipped. But it has...
Kippy
vigorosa roses
As I continue my research on roses that will work in...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
I just gotta have it!
I don't know why I used to be satisfied with just a...
sara_ann-z6bok
Osiria rose - slow grower?
Does anyone else have an Osiria? Mine is fairly new...
HollyKline
Black Gold Natural Organic Fertilizer?
Has anyone used this with positive results? I usually...
alana8asc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™