The Naked Photographer (June 06)

moodyblue(8)November 14, 2006

The things we do to get a good shotÂÂÂ.and the story begins!

Early this summer, I had just got out of the bath tub and Alan shouts "Are you decent"? I yelled "No"! "But" he said, you should come here and see the quails  thereÂs hundreds of them"!

I quickly tied the towel around me, grabbed my camera and clickety split saw Mr. and Mrs. Quale, (Dale and Gayle) and what looked like big bugs scooting all over the place  Oh, how cute!!

My camera is set to perform and the towel bolts to the ground, but I, creeping along between soil, gravel and shrubs, could not give a care about being starkers - I had to make the shots! My husband was gob smacked! I failed to see why!

I am only truly thankful that no one was around to take a picture of the photographer taking a picture of Gayle and Dale Quail and their four and twenty day-old chicks.

Here are some of the photos - hope you enjoy them!:)

Pauline - Vancouver Island

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
starshadow

sometimes the story is better than the photos--hard to chose this time!

the adult photo is so crisp--love the top knot!

and I just can't quite find the words for those fluffy little balls of cuteness that are the chicks----

thanks! pat

Bookmark   November 14, 2006 at 9:21AM
matissesmom(SoCal z9)

I agree with starshadow.. completely.

How cold was it outside? roflmao

Sam

Bookmark   November 14, 2006 at 2:29PM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

Pauline, the quail are wonderful. My morning mood is starting to match the soggy wet weather and you gave me a great smile.

I want to get down on the ground (dry ground as in your pics) and play with the quail kids, but am going to settle for putting on hip boots to keep my legs dry, going out to pick up leaves.

Now if Alan just had his own camera to catch the photographer filming Dale and Gayle, I could have had a real giggle :) Nothing that interesting has gone on in my own neighborhood in quite some time.

Bookmark   November 14, 2006 at 5:59PM
catkim(San Diego 10/24)

Darn those towels, just won't stay put! It was worth it for the photos *and* the story, Pualine. Thanks!

Bookmark   November 15, 2006 at 11:01AM
kathwhit(z8, West OR)

Thanks for the cute story and photos. We have quail all around our place also. They are so cute, but so shy. Your shots are wonderful.
Kathy

Bookmark   November 15, 2006 at 1:11PM
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

That is so funny-----Thanks for a cute story------I bet your DH has quite a story to tell "the guys"--LOL

The pictures are precious.

Florence

Bookmark   November 15, 2006 at 2:17PM
moodyblue(8)

Cute comments, thanks. It was a warm day in June, not cold! I confess, nobody else saw me except Alan and the quail. We have two acres of total privacy! lucky that way! :) Thanks guys. It was so strange that there were so many. I think they were day old. Funny how we summize and form our own opinions. I counted 24, yet it ws so strange, I only thought they had about 12. but there were two males and only one female, which looked like two pods (I am not sure if that is the correct collective word. But I think one female may have been looking after two lots of babies. My mind thought of many reason why!!!!
Pauline - Vancouver Island

Bookmark   November 16, 2006 at 1:27AM
More Discussions
Blue Girl - bush
I'm starting to think about culling out the noncontenders...
canadian_rose
New record!
OK, all you snow freaks, you got your new record here...
seil zone 6b MI
Roses from highcountry roses - really disappointed
I received my roses from highcountryroses today. It...
bluehaven_gweb
Please Get To The Huntington Quickly!!
Please try to get to the Huntington in the next few...
hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
Rainbow Happy Trails
My local nursery has a rose named Rainbow Happy Trails....
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™