Bob woke me up at 5 A.M. to vote !!

zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)November 4, 2008

We got to the poles by 6 A.M. Bob brought a chair for me and wrapped me up in a warm cozy blanket with American Flags all over it---We were 8 and 9 in line and by the time we voted and got back to our car the line was way over 3 hundred.

there was a little old lady ahead of us in line ---she was in a wheelchair all bundled up She was the cutest little thing I guessed her to be not much over 4 feet tall.

Hope the best man wins and we all unite behind whoever it is.

Happy Election Day.

Florence

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pauline-vi-8

................and it was a great day. Enjoyed the whole evening on TV. Congratulations America! I know the end results may not have been what everyone hoped, but it certainly was for the majority. USA and globally. I still feel very emotional at the two exceptional speaches of McCain and Obama. Obama's was absolutely incredible. Good luck, everyone.
With love from a Canajun!
Pauline

Bookmark   November 5, 2008 at 12:38AM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

Zeffy, good for you both :) I hope he bought you breakfast too...I love being out that time of day in Spring and Summer, not so much in November.

I voted in my kitchen, no need to park, stand in line or even brush my teeth...our whole county is mail-in only as are many counties in this state.

Bookmark   November 5, 2008 at 10:50AM
athenainwi

I went at 1pm during my lunch hour and there was no line at all. Went right in, voted, plenty of time for lunch. Then I stayed up late last night watching results. I was hoping Al Franken would win too but it was too close and now they're doing a recount so I won't know who won until December. I'm very happy for Obama. I realized while watching his speech last night that I never really believed he could win until he did it. I guess I've gotten too used to backing the loser. Oh, and the weather here was perfect, we even hit a record high. So no one had any excuse for not voting.

Bookmark   November 5, 2008 at 3:45PM
teka2rjleffel(z10FL)

I voted early. I live in Palm Beach Florida. For some reason people think there is a problem with voting here, ha ha. But no problems this time, record turnouts. I am so very proud of our new pres. My vote actually counted this time.
Nancy

Bookmark   November 5, 2008 at 4:05PM
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

Oh--I forgot to add---we were out of the poles by 7 and then went to "Steaks and things" a little restaurant in Yardley with a beautiful view of the Delaware River----This restaurant has been flooded 3 times so this time they raised it up 10 feet which affords us a nice view.
we had two poached eggs on toast MMMMMMMMMMM

Florence

Bookmark   November 5, 2008 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
Is it just me or is RU shipping really late this year?
Now, I will admit that I didn't place my order until...
kingcobbtx9b
Hybrid tea White Magic
I was wondering if anyone has grown the Hybrid tea...
gibsongirl74_gw
Zone 5 Rose Gardeners "What's Your Favorite Rose'?
Please share your favorite rose. Which one do you...
allaboutrosegardening
double yellow Lady Banksia
I was wondering if anyone had much experience with...
kaesgarden
First Vase of the spring
Small vase to start, but just starting to get the first...
kingcobbtx9b
Sponsored Products
Cabo market basket
Origin Crafts
Whitehaus WHSD031-AB Soap Or Lotion Dispenser in Antique Brass
$89.00 | Blue Bath
Great Falls Lido Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Leather Teddie Tote
$295.00 | FRONTGATE
Flatware Caddy
$195.00 | Horchow
Westinghouse 5-15/16 in. x 5-1/8 in. Handblown Amber Drum Neck Less Accessory Sh
$14.97 | Home Depot
Lights Up | Cancan Adjustable Table Lamp
$182.00 | YLighting
Hillsdale Montbrook Swivel Bar Stool - Shiny Nickel/Ivory - 5313-830
$210.95 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™