Warning..an unpleasant story

Susan SerraNovember 3, 2006

Just heard this a little earlier today. My son used to be friends with the boy in the story when he was a young teen, then drifted away because he was a "difficult" kid. His mother was a heroin addict who gave him up to his grandparents. The grandparents he lived with used to bring him and pick him up at our house for sleepovers. I was glad when the friendship broke up. I think he had to be very sad and had no coping mechanisms at all. His grandfather had just died a few months earlier. Just an all around shame. My son and us talked about it and emphasized how important it is to reach out to us, his siblings, his girlfriend, whoever he feels close to, whenever. It's so important. sigh.

Here is a link that might be useful: Newsday article

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
youngquinn_gw

What a terrible situation Susan and sadly not all that uncommon on either side of the water. It is difficult to know what to say. He was obviously in great emotional pain and while in one way I feel some compassion for him we all know that the young woman he murdered was the victim here.
I can understand your feelings of relief when the friendship broke up. It is a great shame that he obviously felt he had nowhere to turn to .A GREAT SUPPORT NETWORK IS PRICELESS FOR OUR KIDS!! isnt it?

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 7:06PM
zeffyrose_pa6b7(6b7)

How tragic and as Pam said it is happening far too often.

Florence

Bookmark   November 4, 2006 at 9:09AM
Molineux(6b)

Some people just can't live in this world.

This isn't the first time that I've read something like this and I'm sure it won't be the last. I echo what the others have said. The real tragedy is that the boy felt the need to murder his ex-girlfriend before checking out.

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 8:14AM
More Discussions
Planting Rose in Square Container
Hi, I am wondering if I would have any problems planting...
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)
I just gotta have it!
I don't know why I used to be satisfied with just a...
sara_ann-z6bok
Partial Shade Miniflora
I am looking for some Minifloras that would be okay...
Beth9116 zone 8a TX
New record!
OK, all you snow freaks, you got your new record here...
seil zone 6b MI
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™